“Great staff”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
athlone
“Great staff”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have not yet stayed in this hotel but recently stayed in dusseldorf where I signed up for my carlson card thanks to a member of staff in this hotel! She was extremely helpful and I look forward to some day visiting and staying in the radison cavan!

• Stayed January 2014
Andrew D, General Manager at Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear regroche

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and we look forward to welcoming you to Farnham Estate sometime soon!

Andrew Drysdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Greek first
dublin
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Hi
Myself and my wife have just returned from a business trip to the Raddisson Blu Farnham estate Cavan.After a very busy 2013 for our company,we were looking for a quick break to meet a new client whilst also recharging the batteries and hoping to invigorate the mind,body and soul.
For both of us everything was perfect,from a fast check in to the business class room with king size bed, the staff, spa,and food!
We also took a long walk around the estate with its beautiful and tranquil surroundings, which was very relaxing.
The spa is excellent for chilling out and unwinding and the pool (both indoor and outdoor ) was great.
Both were busy, but clean,heated and well maintained.
We ate dinner in the restaurant that evening which was presented beautifully and tasted amazing.
The major point for me was the staff- they are all so attentive and professional without being overbearing and seem to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
I have stayed in many 4/5 star hotels in ireland and abroad- and can honestly say the Radisson Blu Cavan is up there with the best 5 star establishments in terms of service and facilities and most importantly price!!
I wholeheartedly intend to use the hotel in the future for both personal and business visits, and will recommend to all our staff and clients.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear cat-neil

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and delighted that yourself and your wife enjoyed your visit to Farnham Estate and found it the perfect place to unwind!

Looking forward to welcoming you both back either for business or pleasure.

Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I Have been a regular customer of the Radisson for the last 7 years, however on New years eve night I was not allowed to enter the cellar bar where I would usually go. I was more than disappointed with this.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank John A
Andrew D, General Manager at Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear John

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

Apologies for any disappointment caused due to the fact that you could not go to the Wine Goose Cellar Bar on New Year's Eve. As this is such a busy night, we reserve this area for Hotel Residents only.

Again, apologies for any disappointment caused and thank you for your previous visits and I do hope that you will return sometime in the near future.

County Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited the Cellar Bar for a quiet couples hour or two on our own. Little chance of that...a family with a screaming baby sat for the duration of our meal as they sipped on a drink whilst we tried to pretend we could hear what the other person was saying! I do think that there is some responsibility on the part of the staff to ask disruptive guests (even parents with screaming children!) to move to a quiet area or leave until the child settles. Its probably not the most politically correct thing to voice but hey ho, try and spend 60 euro on a meal listening to other people whose baby is screaming in your ear when you are paying 30 euro for someone to listen to your own children scream...then come back to me! I know I would certainly not have the guts to sit whilst my child ruined someone elses evening but there you go! Back to the food...short and sweet really as we wanted to get out as quickly as possible. Cranberry and pear salad - very different and quite a large portion for a starter. I enjoyed this. Mains...pasta which is normally difficult to finish....this was more like a starter. Yes it was tasty but not for the price of it. 60 euro for a two course meal with two non alcoholic drinks! I wasn't actually full after both courses but we didn't order desserts..we made a hasty retreat home to listen to our own children who didn't seem as bad after all. Disappointing night!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Trulyhonestcavan

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

So sorry for any disappointment experienced during your recent visit to our Wine Goose Cellar Bar. I have discussed your comments with our Bar Manager and he offers his sincere apologies also.

I do hope that this will not deter you from returning, as we would very much welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

With every best wish to you and your family for 2014!

Tyrone
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We went for a break with our 5 year old daughter between Christmas and New Year. We did not know that she was not allowed to use the pool! It wasn't very clear at any stage of booking or in the website that the leisure facilities were for over 16 only! There is NOTHING for children to do!!!!

We had food and drinks in the dungeon cellar bar and were asked to leave as my daughter was under age! We moved upstairs to the main reception area (where there was no atmosphere and poor choice of comfortable seating and we had to walk downstairs to the Cellar Bar every time we wanted a drink!). My daughter was so upset and crying that that she was not allowed in the pool and not allowed in the lounge and that this was the worst holiday ever! So much so that we wanted to go home as she was so disappointed!

The parking valet staff were so attentive and welcoming - nothing was a problem for them!

The reception staff were first class, although my mother had booked a surprise spa treatment for me and I was to be left a note in my room upon arrival (this was not done and I missed my allocated time - although the spa staff allowed me to be rebooked for the following day)!

As described by various staff at the hotel this is an ADULT hotel - please make this clear on your website and advise that there are NO facilities / Activites for children!

The only saving grace & positive was that the Spa facilities were excellent - perfect for a couples getaway! (But is there any need for people to be walking around the reception area in their hotel dressing gowns???)

Stayed December 2013
Dear Marie R

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am sorry that you were not aware of our adult only policy in our Health Spa. Our pool is actually a hydrotherapy infinity pool and not suitable for children under 16. Again, I am sorry for any upset caused to your daughter. With regard to the Wine Goose Cellar Bar, under Irish regulations children under 15 are not permitted in bars after 9pm, which is why you would have been asked to leave. Again, I am truly sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Apologies also for the confusion with regard to your spa treatment, but I am glad that our Health Spa staff were able to accommodate you the following day.

I do hope that overall, you enjoyed your visit and that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon.

Best wishes to you and all your family for 2014!

Ireland
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Where to start..Radisson Blu has an understated entrance by road..its approx 1 mile to the door..speed bumps are a bit severe..golf course either side of drive, valet parking. The 'old' house is to the right and blends perfectly into the new area. Reception staff are so welcoming..and its natural - not forced. We started with afternoon tea and scones with jam and cream - scrummy. Our room was on the ground floor - near the spa:) Room v tastefully decorated, beds, duvets perfect, products classy and facecloths..yey..Breakfast was divine..what a selection..everything was so fresh and full of flavour..dining room well laid out in that you are not on top of other diners, atmosphere was so calm. We visited the spa on the 1st day - our only 'bad' experience was a girl on reception called Danielle..she was so rude, she spoke at us, gave us 2 towels and told us twice that we would have to wear swimming caps if we were to use the pool - even though I told her that we could not swim. Forgetting her, we found our own way around - what a spa and in great condition (i.e.) not dated or worn. Nice touches with 3 containers of drinking water, 1 flavoured with cucumber, 1 with mint and the 3rd with lemon. On day 2, we revisited the spa for treatments and met a lovely girl who offered to show us around..I also used the gym..nice size and new equipment. We both had massages and our therapists were excellent. The detox tea that is offered afterwards is hot and tasty..we even got the recipe. We dined on 2nd night - the food was exquisite, the wait between the starter and maincourse was a bit long..1 hr..but oh boy, when it arrived, it was worth the wait. there was a mix up with the wine and the charge so when we highlighted this, they did not charge us for the 2 gls of wine - nice touch. There was a wedding on both days..so we went for a peep at that area..magical..the walks are just outside the door in the grounds..it was a bit soggy..but off we went..nice touch on way back when you re-enter - there are bags for your dirty footwear and clean slippers..we also paid a visit to the bar downstairs - there was live entertainment and there was an upbeat atmosphere...this was a most relaxing w'e..fab design and layout and tastefully decorated for Christmas...and as others have said the staff make this place..cant wait to go back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pixie067

Thank you so much for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much and intend returning.

I am sorry for the experience you had in our Health Spa and I have passed your comments to our Health Spa Manager, who in turn with speak with the staff member in question.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon an every best wish for 2014!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My partner and I were invited to a wedding on 28th December 2013 in Cavan Cathedral with the wedding reception in the Radisson Blu, Farnham Estate afterwards. As we were staying overnight, we had the opportunity to experience some first class accommodation. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless, and the beds, pillows and duvets were really comfortable and warm. The staff were extremely professional and friendly both at the wedding reception and before / afterwards. At the wedding reception I had a fillet steak to die for, and my partner commented likewise about the seabass. The choice of food at breakfast the following morning was amazing, from fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts to bacon, rashers, eggs and so on.
While we didn't avail of the facilities, other guests we spoke to were very impressed with them.
Overall, a very enjoyable experience and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for any occasion, special or otherwise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MacAroniSenior

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and lovely comments on your recent visit to Farnham Estate for a wedding.

Hopefully, on your next visit you will get to use our Health Spa and it's facilities!

Looking forward to welcoming you back and best wishes for 2014!

Andrew Drysdale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club
Errigal Country House Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan? Share your experiences!