“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Northern Ireland
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here on 18 and 19 October 2013. Bedroom was very good size with seating area, and the bathroom had a large bath and separate shower. Everywhere was very clean. Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. We ate in the main restaurant on our first night and the menu was excellent, as was the food and service. We ate in the bar on the second night, again with no complaints about the food (although the area could do with some more lighting). Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. Overall, no complaints and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and the hotel duly obliged with one well away from busy areas.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear ADNI1979

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and lovely comments regarding the hotel and your your visit.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit and in particular food in our Botanica Restaurant, Cellar Bar and breakfast.

Andrew Drysdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Greek first
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night. wasnt overly impressed, we had a "suite" in the old part of the hotel and it was just ok, decor was odd, they definitely don't make the most of the size of the room, lovely big bathroom but not nicely decorated, there are lots of signs of neglect, peeling paint, cracked cornices etc. i paid for a fruit platter to be in the room on arrival, it wasn't, when i mentioned it, they sent up a napkin with 1 orange, 1 apple, 1 plum and a tiny handful of grapes, i paid €10 for this! The bar food is very bad, my daughter ordered bread and dips and it was inedible, obviously came out of a tub. Breakfast was nice and the staff were lovely. The car park is a bit of a walk up a hill, they do have a shuttle bus but its not ideal

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear fenian32

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent visit.

I am truly sorry for any disappointment caused with regard to the issues that you mentioned in your review and thank you for bringing them to my attention. Please be assured that I will be discussing each of them with my Management Team.

I do hope that they did not deter you from enjoying your visit to Farnham Estate and that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked a weekend for my wife as a surprise gift for her birthday. Booked two treatments for her. Explained that it was a surprises for her birthday and asked for advice on the treatments. They asked for my wife's number I said no it's a surprise I don't want you ringing her. A day or two before I was due to go to Radisson. I got a call from an unknown number asking to speak to my wife. my wife spoke on the phone and it turns out it was the Radisson confirming the treatments. They ruined the surprise. Didn't mind that too much. Things like that happen. Arrived with my wife and baby. couldn't go downstairs for dinner due to the baby acting up so ordered room service. Left waiting over an hour and a half before getting a phone call from service to say five more minutes, 15 minutes later it arrived and wasn't what we ordered. Ridiculous. The waiter/manager seemed under a lot of pressure and to be fair was a gent and an asset to the hotel. He gave food for free after I pushed the subject, he apologised explaining that they were very busy? so what... it's Friday. I heard staff say earlier it's the first time they hadn't a wedding on the weekend in a long time. there's no excuse for above. Not these days when your paying so much to stay in the establishment. Spa wasnt great steam rooms not stream rooms. Plastic door you'd find in a tip separating the infinity pool with the main pool. Spoke with member of leisure centre they told me that half the facilities aren't even turned on during the week.very disappointing only positive thing was the Staff everywhere were very friendly. Not their fault the place is a shambles.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank togsoreilly
Dear togsoreilly

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am truly sorry for any disappointment caused to either yourself or your wife during your recent visit. Please be assured that I have discussed each of your comments with my Management Team and wish to assure you 100% that this is not our normal standard.

Delighted that you found staff to be friendly and thank you for your lovely comment.

I do hope that you will reconsider your decision and return to the hotel as we would very much welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

King regards

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in hotel last weekend. Overall hotel is a great place for escape, such a relax... Spa was wonderful, inside and outside pool, sauna, steam rooms you could spend all day there. Had a light lunch in the pear tree restaurant. Waitress Liga was very helpful as my wife is vegan and she advise us the best food for her. Its seems like the the waitress job is not like a job but she loves to do it with a smile on hers face. Wanna mention that the restaurant was very busy at the time but when our turn came we felt like special ones. Walk around the estate was wonderful and so relaxing. We had dinner in Cellar bar, food was amazing and waitress very lovely- didn't remember hers name. Thanks for a great stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Buffet breakfast- the best in Ireland!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John M

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and delighted that yourself and your wife enjoyed your visit so much.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Parked up car at entrance upon arrival, and threw keys to Valet. Didn't see car then for remainder of long weekend stay. Perfect from start to finish. Lovely meals, excellent pool and spa. Lovely forest walks but should have brought our dog as she'd love it. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Choose a garden room, and away from the dance hall. Wedding on the time we stayed and a bit loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tallandsmall
Dear tallandsmall

Thank you so much for your lovely Trip Advisor Review and delighted that your visit was perfect from start to finish.

donegal
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hi I recently stayed here with my family we we're here for a party the hotels lovely and estate is outstanding :O but the food service, waitresses, and also the food was terrible !! We had a booking for 8pm and we sat at out our table it was a saturday night yes I was expecting the wait but anyway when we were seated they offered us the wine and we got that but 25 mins later they eventually took our food order it was ten to 9 when the food order was put in one hour later our stater came out they were horrible!! Then half an hour later they decided to clear the plate when everyone was done after that we got our diiner 45 mins later. That was cold and the they were more bloody worried bout the jugs on the table. They eventually moved the plates and then our desserts came out was very soggy also!! The waitress her name was iveta some foreign lassy everytime we asked her for something she would screw her face up or make a bad comment!! Now for the money I was paying I must say this was very very poor and the chef isn't a great chef either but foodd was NOT outstanding to say the least!! Would not reccommend at all!! Terrible service! Will never be back

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank rachb1993
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Rachb1993

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent visit to Farnham Estate for a family party.

I am sorry for the problems you experienced with your meal and I would appreciate if perhaps you could get back to me with more details on your visit, such as the name of your party etc. in order that I may investigate this thoroughly.

I will be out of the office for the next couple of days and if you could email my PA Bridie McManus at bridie.mcmanus@radissonblu.com, I would really appreciate it.

Looking forward to heraing from you.

Leitrim
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited Farnham Estate Health Spa today with my sister. Had fab massage with Violetta and Yonka facial with Leona. Relaxed in the indoor/outdoor pool and thermal suite. Children under 16 are not allowed in the pool, which is great when thats what you are getting away from! Definitely worth a visit to recharge the batteries. Had lunch in the Lobby Bar - great food, great service. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Leitrimlady2

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our Health Spa and thank you for your lovely comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon!

Andrew Drysdale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Cavan Crystal Hotel
Cavan Crystal Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cavan
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Errigal Country House Hotel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!