Want to start off by saying that we did have an overall lovely time. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights, Sunday-Tuesday. The hotel is so close to being perfect - few things:
1. there were blood stains on the towel i was given for the pool area
2. Bedroom - there were stains on the bed cover (not the quilt - the sort of half blanket thing on the end of the bed). The room cleaning could have used a bit more attention - there was a sticky food residue in one of the drawers, really needed a good hoover in the corners and along the skirting, and the counter top was quite dusty. Also found a rather long hair on my pillow (we both have short hair). The shower also flooded at the bottom - some drain cleaner needed to improve the water flow. The flooding got worse the longer we stayed - the last shower we had flooded the entire bathroom floor by an centimetre or so of water. We stayed in room 131, and maybe just had bad luck with a lazy maid.
3. We were given a grubby wine glass in the bar.
But the pool, spa, setting, food and staff were all really excellent so they kind of made up for the few shortcomings. I think if our room had have just been given a bit more TLC, then the stay would have been absolutely perfect - so close to perfection, its a real shame. But as I said, I would be willing to give them a go again. Fingers crossed we'll get a cleaner room next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farnham Estate brings centuries of the very best of traditions - hospitality, welcome, natural beauty - and blends them with contemporary comfort and service, creating a destination unlike any other in Ireland. The moment you enter the driveway at Farnham Estate, you are greeted by acres of rolling countryside and a peaceful haven that can not fail to capture the spirit of relaxation. Located in the heart of this magnificent estate, just 3 km from Cavan town, is a world class Health Spa and the very stylish Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel. Inside and out, Farnham is a playground for the senses. From the softest fabrics to the most delicate local ingredients, every detail has been carefully chosen to create a sense of total well-being. Guests may come to Farnham to experience the Health Spa. They may arrive in search of fine cuisine and stunning wines. Or some of the most beautiful suites in Ireland. But whatever they seek at Farnham, they will leave having rediscovered a sense of peace and harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan Hotel Cavan
- Radisson Cavan
- Cavan Radisson