“enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Limerick, Ireland
“enjoyable stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights recently. I was very impressed by the scenary and drive up to the hotel. I was then greeted by a friendly helpful concierge William who made us feel most welcome and offered to assist us with our luggage, which we were delighted with as we had just driven from Limerick and we had 3days luggage!! He then offered to park the car for us and said he would leave keys at reception, which he did. This was a lovely start to three wonderful days. Room, Restautant and bar were fantastic and lived up to their reputation. Unfortunatly William was not around on the day we departed so id like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank him because a friendly welcome is always a good start to any holiday! We will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Limerick Lady

Thank you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor Review and for your lovely comments regarding the hotel and William. I have passed your thanks to him.

Delighted that you will be returning and I look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate.

Andrew Drysdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Greek first
Christiansted, St. Croix
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visiting Cavan with friends looking for dead relatives (Bernard McManus, died 1847), and we started our stay at Radisson Blue, Cavan. It's a nice enough hotel. Interesting historical property, with building over 400 years old, and a taste of modern, which are the hotel rooms. Now, the hotel advertises its age, but we lived in the new. Some might say it was a little misstated. Our room, 142 was hot. I do not like to complain, but did. The weather was perfect. I hope management sees this review, for here is what could be better: snappier service. Things take too long, from the restaurant to the bar. There is a wonderful chef. The design of the restaurant has the patrons sitting 4 feet from the servers' computers. Very odd. Change it and get the computers out of the sight of the diners. Come on!! One server's butt hit our table it was so close, and there were 4 other tables within 6 feet and 50 feet of restuarant with plenty of tables away from the servers' computers. The bar downstairs was dark. And untidy. Carlson family, rethink this operation. I think it could be better. But, the staff was delightful, from barmaid to bartender to wait staff to those who clean the rooms and greet one at checkin. And George who parked our car was delightful. Any issues are management issues. The people simply need leadership to make things run and seem smoother. The prices are not low for Ireland. I, for one, expected more for such an impressive property. .

Room Tip: 142 is very hot but we used a fan and bore it. 140, our friend's room, was just fine. It mig...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear crucian-high

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback on your visit. I will be discussing each of the points with my Management Team.

I hope that overall, you enjoyed your visit to Farnham Estate and Cavan.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for two nights,weekend get away to Cavan. Never been. From the impressive drive into the hotel to the warm greeting by George who drove us up to the hotel.
The hotel is excellent,clean, and really relaxing. The spa is great lo unwind. We just used the pool and the thermal suites. Very big with loads of space and the outdoor pool adjoining the indoor pool was lovely. For an Autumn day blue skies all the leaves changing colour around you. It was a very surreal moment.
I went for a walk that day then around the 1300acre estate.
This is a perfect hotel if you just want to get away for a few days. You don't have to leave the grounds. Food is lovely and reasonably priced for a hotel of this calibre.

• Stayed October 2012
Dundalk
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Radisson Blu Farnham Estate is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. I spent 2 nights there & they were the most relaxing 2 days I've had in a very long time. The numerous walks are lovely & scenic. It's nice just to take a stroll down to the lake & read a book. The staff were really friendly & couldn't have been anymore helpful. I had dinner on my second night as part of a deal which I couldn't fault. It's a lovely place to go to relax. I don't think there's much to do in the area although I enjoyed the hotel & it's grounds so much I didn't venture any further. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura2704
Dear Laura2704

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor Review.

Delighted that you had a relaxing visit and thank you for your lovely comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is possibly the best hotel we've ever stayed in in Ireland. It far exceeded my expectations of a 4* hotel, and I even preferred it to some 5* hotels we've stayed in. The spa is amazing and I never wanted to leave the outdoor pool, even though it was only a few degrees outside. Rooms are large and luxuriously decorated in relaxing tones. Bathrooms are equally luxurious. Our room was on the ground floor and even had a small patio with a table and chairs.

We visited the hotel for a wedding, so unfortunately didn't get much time to relax in the lovely room we were allocated, but I really want to return again. I would have loved to be staying for another couple of nights. It pained me to leave this hotel. It is the perfect place for a relaxing weekend. I'm still on the lookout for a good offer so that we can go back and get time to enjoy it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear DCM_Dublin

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review and your lovely comments.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

When I last visited Farnham Estate the hotel and service was first class, on a recent visit we found things have gone down hill quite badly.

Service was very mixed and slow, the hotel was cold and lacked any atmosphere.

Dinner on the two nights we stayed was not hot enough and lacked any taste, very disappointing when we were paying a la carte prices.

Our room was cool verging on cold and when the hotel did switch on the heating the radiator made a very annoying noise.

The Spa which gets very good reviews was to say the least cold, none of the steam rooms were hot. The pool was nice and warm...........thank god.

I will not be going back again!!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor room was cold.
1 Thank Joe_the_Red
Dear Joe_the_Red

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review.

I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience on your recent visit.

Please be assured that your comments have been passed to the Management Team for discussion.

I do hope that you will consider your decision and return to Farnham Estate as we would welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel Cavan is one of the most comfortable and top of the range hotel I have stayed in. We spent two nights in the hotel on a Bed & Breakfast basis. The staff was super friendly and was very obliging.Our room was nicely decorated and very cosy .Unfortunately the car park is a bit of a walk to the hotel but a valet service will look after your car if you prefer. Overall, my stay was lovely and I will defiantly be returning.

2 Thank Emma C
Dear callaghan31

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review and your lovely comments, which I have passed to all concerned.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Errigal Country House Hotel
Lakeside Manor Hotel
Lakeside Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Virginia

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!