“Yummy scrummy!”
Review of Sage Cafe Cavan

Sage Cafe Cavan
Ranked #15 of 52 Restaurants in Cavan
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stumbled upon this cafe when doing some shopping in Cavan today and delighted we did. My mum had the spinach, mushroom & goats cheese tart with salad and I had the 3 cheese & tomato tart with salad and it was just soooo tasty! Really fresh beautiful flavours and a perfect sized portion.

The decor is beautiful, the food is fantastic but the staff are really what make this place wonderful. From the girl taking our orders, to the girl on the till and the young lad delivering our food to the table, everyone was so pleasant, helpful and made us feel welcome.

My only gripe (and why it didn't get 5 stars) is the prices are a little higher than I would normally pay but it was worth it!

So if you want a lovely lunch in relaxed surroundings, please put this on the top of your list.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The ice cream sundaes are amazing here, I had chocolate brownie, home made brownies,soft icecream and homemade choc sauce. My husband had a strawberry one all home made again! The kids had sundaes with sweets and sauces, very happy faces all round! A real treat on a weekend!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Really good food & service with a smile here, Have come back from Texas for a holiday & the Sage Cafe provides all the needs for anyone wishing to visit, They have a great selection of homemade foods! Overall a good nice relaxed atmosphere, Will be back! Lovely premises!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Really gorgeous salads and home-made pies and quiches. they also do lots of home made cakes as well. gorgeous café - really like the layout and design.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

After coming across this place by chance, I enjoyed it so much I came back again. the first visit was just for a cuppa - I had a strawberry milkshake and the most amazing brownie I've ever eaten. It just melted in the mouth and was still warm from the oven. Heaven!

I went back a few days later for lunch and had the quiche with brown bread (and another milkshake as I don't take tea/coffee). The quiche was delicious with lots of bacon unlike some quiche lorraine where you have to hunt for any meat! The bread looked and tasted home made and again was delicious. Even the milkshake was good.

It would nearly be worth going to Cavan just for this place!