“Amazing Place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Tyrone
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Got married in November 2008 and we had our wedding reception in Cavan Crystal Hotel.. It was excellent. The attention to detail by Una, Chris and Siobhan was unbelievable. Food was delicious. Will definately be back to stay for a weekend break.

• Liked — staff and food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenMacTyrone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
jgarry28
Reviewed December 30, 2008

My brother got married here and we all had an unbelieveable day. The food was excellent and the staff couldnt do enough for us. Everytime I stood up at the top table someone was there to put my chair in behind me! I dont generally have soup so one of the staff got me a pint instead! We were also very well looked after by Warren in the residents bar who kept us entertained and made sure we were all served promptly. I will definately be back with my girlfriend for a weekend in the new year.

• Liked — Fantastic Staff
  • Disliked — Having to leave it!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Magherafelt
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I must start this review by saying how I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend with my boyfriend!

I loved the decor and atmosphere of the hotel and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful at all times!! It was modern but not clinical as some hotels are.

The rooms was wonderfully spacious, bed was huge (the size of bed that I would love at home!) room was warm but not stuffy. it was clean and very comfortable.

The food in the restaurant was fantastic. presentation was top dollar, taste was amazing!!

Both my boyfriend and i went for back massages on Saturday morning. This was a fantastic idea! it was so relaxing!! The girls in the salon where friendly and very professional and welcoming!!

Unfortunately I did notice a few things that slightly bothered me;
When i had a shower the floor got soaked! Everytime!
The bathrobes were not 'fluffy', they were towel robes but could have done with a little more care at the laundry, the tie rope for the robes were not connected to the robe (no little loops at the sides)
In the bar the sofas and chais could do with some attention as they were very worn (a hole in the arm of the chair that I could have fitted my thumb in)
The salon was in a strange location; on the fith floor in what seemed to one have been a guest room as it felt a little cramped and almost like an after thought inthe hotel's plans.

Even with these small negative details i would very happily return to the Cavan Crystal Hotel because of the staff, atmosphere, food, cleaniness and the massages!!

• Liked — The huge comfy bed that I would like to have taken home
  • Disliked — The slight wear and tear
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, England
Reviewed October 18, 2008

This is a fabulous hotel on the outskirts of Cavan and came so close to getting an Excellent score. The hotel is immaculately presented and has a nice Crystal showroom for Cavan Crystal in its midst.

Reception staff were very friendly and check-in was quick and easy. The rooms are modern and spotless and a turndown service is offered.

I was with work colleagues and ate in the restaurant. Staff were fantastic and accommodating and the service was excellent and the food superb.

The only downer was in the bar the staff changed shortly after we frequented the room and although the first member was jovial and chatty her replacement seemed disinterested and just wanted to text her friend rather than take part in the atmosphere.

The hotel boasts a health club although I did not get the chance to use.

Breakfast was plentiful although the hot selection was cooked to order rather than buffet style which meant less ability to pick and choose.

Overall this was an excellent hotel and I would definitely recommend.

• Liked — Clean, Great Restaurant
  • Disliked — Taxi Ride from Cavan, Second Bar worker and Views not gbreat
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wicklow
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This hotel is great. We have stayed twice now. Once in a standard room and once in a suite. The rooms are all decorated beautifully, very modern. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The suite was definitely worth the extra charge - there was a scented candle lighting when we arrived. The room had a huge four poster bed, widescreen TV, stereo, jacuzzi bath and double shower. Plenty of space - it really was huge! When we returned from dinner in the town, the sheets were turned down with chocolates on the pillow - very nice touch! Will be staying here again next year for a friend's wedding.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank badgergirl24
Ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We had our wedding reception at this hotel and we seriously could not fault one thing. The staff went so out of their way from the initial booking to make it the best day of our lives. Function room, food, restaurant staff, bedrooms were all top class. Definately worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank deedec
Fermanagh
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely week end celebrating our 33rd Wedding Anniversary at the Cavan Crystal Hotel.Our room was comfortable and had all the extras you expect from a 4 star Hotel - pool and jacuzzi spotlessly clean and easy to access from the bedrooms - (we nipped down wearing the bathrobes provided!)
Opus One Restaurant superb, nice little touches such as pre - dinner appetizer of a delicious tomato consomme, and a mini ice-cream cone pre - desert! All the food cooked carefully and beautifully presented, staff were all well trained and polite. Comphehensive wine list sensibily priced.A delight for even the most serious of "Foodies!"
We had breakfast in our room on both mornings - this arrived on time and again was well cooked, and morning paper provided too!
We look forward to returning to th Cavan Crystal Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kas75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Lakeside Manor Hotel
#2 of 2 in Virginia
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club
Errigal Country House Hotel

Been to Cavan Crystal Hotel? Share your experiences!