Cavan Crystal Hotel
$135
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Bailie Hotel(Bailieborough)
All reviewsatrium baropus restauranteggs benedictleisure centrelovely hotelbar foodwedding venuechristmas decorationstown centrekipperswedding receptiondouble bedbridal suitesteakweekend breaktop classsecond to none
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our third stay at they Cavan Crystal and it was as good as the first two. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the food is very good and the staff are friendly and welcoming. It is a good touring base and, despite being on the main road, the rooms are quiet. Their deal of a price that includes an evening meal is very good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Hi,
It is very gratifying to hear that you found your stay at our hotel enjoyable on each of your three visits and thank you for taking the time to give us your very favorable feedback.
It is good to hear that you found your visit good value for money and as a regular visitor you will find excellent packages on our website on an ongoing basis.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and in the meantime thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I could not find fault with this hotel. Stayed in the fabulous Tiffany Suite. Restaurant doesn't be open on a Monday but food in the bar was excellent. Busy restaurant and need to book. Staff were best I have ever met in a hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank KaceyStrabane

Hi,
Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel.
I was delighted to read that you found everything satisfactory and, as always, I have passed on your kind comments to our staff.
I hope we will see you back at the Cavan Crystal Hotel again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I bought a 3 night deal 2 adults and 2 children with Supervalue. I have stayed here before and always liked the attitude of the staff, very helpful and willing to assist in any (reasonable!) request.
The addition of the kids club is very welcome and provides a much needed break for a couple of hours for parents. However the meal and price of the kids club should be all inclusive as in other hotel's kids clubs. The average in other hotels is €8/9 including meal but here the hotel charges €5 for the kids club and then €6.50 for the kids meal. What happens the kids during mealtime if parents don't opt for the meal, do they sit and watch others eating?!!

The pool is great and my children really enjoyed the stay here, as did I and my mother.
The family room was large enough, very clean and beds are very comfortable and we all had enough beds without having to ask.
All in all we had a lovely stay and would recommend Cavan Crystal if staying in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel which is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank feefurs6
Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hi,
Many thanks for for very kind comments in your review of our hotel after your stay with us. I was delighted to read your positive feedback and I have passed this on to all of our staff.
I am sorry if you found the kids club a little expensive but we are very anxious to ensure we have adequate supervision for the children while they are with us and also to provide a good quality meal which we felt was worth the extra couple of euro above the average.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future and in the meantime thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Clean, up-to-date (except tube television in room...giggle giggle) and spacious. Not a typical, traditional Irish experience, but no problems at all. Short walk (~15 minutes) or ~5 euro cab ride to village center. There's a SuperValu and shopping center across the road, which is convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi,
I am grateful to you for giving us your feedback after your stay with us.
Thank you for that and thank you for your positive comments which I have passed on to all staff.
I do hope you will visit us again when you are next in this part of the world but in the meantime thank you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here from 11.8.13 to 13.8.13 and we were surprised with what we got. We had booked the stay via Groupon and we got the deal with kids go free. But there were complications as the hotel then said the kids do not go free. Once that was sorted we left to go to the hotel. Parking was limited due to the learner driver cars parked on the hotel carpark. The fried breakfast was far too over cooked and we had to wait for tea and toast to come, had the fried breakfast done before it arrived even though it was asked for before the fried breakfast was ordered. Bar food was disgraceful, the burgers we had were undercooked, so undercooked they were raw in the middle. the drink (bacardi breezers) in the bar that were ordered were out of date by 5 months!! Was so shocked at this and was very unhappy. Staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities were excellent, we had 2 kids with us and the pool made them very happy. Overall the experience was nothing like a 4* hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are noisy as there were lorries unloading and there was a driving school behind it!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Newtotravel2013

Hi,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to us.
I was naturally very concerned to read the issues that you raised. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss these matters with you directly and with this in mind I would be delighted if you would contact me personally on joeobrien@cavancrystalhotel.com
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.