“Excellent Value and Comfort”

Cavan Crystal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
London
“Excellent Value and Comfort”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our third stay at they Cavan Crystal and it was as good as the first two. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the food is very good and the staff are friendly and welcoming. It is a good touring base and, despite being on the main road, the rooms are quiet. Their deal of a price that includes an evening meal is very good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Hi,
It is very gratifying to hear that you found your stay at our hotel enjoyable on each of your three visits and thank you for taking the time to give us your very favorable feedback.
It is good to hear that you found your visit good value for money and as a regular visitor you will find excellent packages on our website on an ongoing basis.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and in the meantime thank you again for your feedback.
Joe O'Brien.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Cavan
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I could not find fault with this hotel. Stayed in the fabulous Tiffany Suite. Restaurant doesn't be open on a Monday but food in the bar was excellent. Busy restaurant and need to book. Staff were best I have ever met in a hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank KaceyStrabane
Hi,
Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel.
I was delighted to read that you found everything satisfactory and, as always, I have passed on your kind comments to our staff.
I hope we will see you back at the Cavan Crystal Hotel again soon.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I bought a 3 night deal 2 adults and 2 children with Supervalue. I have stayed here before and always liked the attitude of the staff, very helpful and willing to assist in any (reasonable!) request.
The addition of the kids club is very welcome and provides a much needed break for a couple of hours for parents. However the meal and price of the kids club should be all inclusive as in other hotel's kids clubs. The average in other hotels is €8/9 including meal but here the hotel charges €5 for the kids club and then €6.50 for the kids meal. What happens the kids during mealtime if parents don't opt for the meal, do they sit and watch others eating?!!

The pool is great and my children really enjoyed the stay here, as did I and my mother.
The family room was large enough, very clean and beds are very comfortable and we all had enough beds without having to ask.
All in all we had a lovely stay and would recommend Cavan Crystal if staying in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel which is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank feefurs6
Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hi,
Many thanks for for very kind comments in your review of our hotel after your stay with us. I was delighted to read your positive feedback and I have passed this on to all of our staff.
I am sorry if you found the kids club a little expensive but we are very anxious to ensure we have adequate supervision for the children while they are with us and also to provide a good quality meal which we felt was worth the extra couple of euro above the average.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future and in the meantime thank you again for your feedback.
Dallas
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Clean, up-to-date (except tube television in room...giggle giggle) and spacious. Not a typical, traditional Irish experience, but no problems at all. Short walk (~15 minutes) or ~5 euro cab ride to village center. There's a SuperValu and shopping center across the road, which is convenient.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi,
I am grateful to you for giving us your feedback after your stay with us.
Thank you for that and thank you for your positive comments which I have passed on to all staff.
I do hope you will visit us again when you are next in this part of the world but in the meantime thank you again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here from 11.8.13 to 13.8.13 and we were surprised with what we got. We had booked the stay via Groupon and we got the deal with kids go free. But there were complications as the hotel then said the kids do not go free. Once that was sorted we left to go to the hotel. Parking was limited due to the learner driver cars parked on the hotel carpark. The fried breakfast was far too over cooked and we had to wait for tea and toast to come, had the fried breakfast done before it arrived even though it was asked for before the fried breakfast was ordered. Bar food was disgraceful, the burgers we had were undercooked, so undercooked they were raw in the middle. the drink (bacardi breezers) in the bar that were ordered were out of date by 5 months!! Was so shocked at this and was very unhappy. Staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities were excellent, we had 2 kids with us and the pool made them very happy. Overall the experience was nothing like a 4* hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are noisy as there were lorries unloading and there was a driving school behin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Newtotravel2013
Hi,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to us.
I was naturally very concerned to read the issues that you raised. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss these matters with you directly and with this in mind I would be delighted if you would contact me personally on joeobrien@cavancrystalhotel.com
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a pleasant hotel. The rooms were pretty standard with nothing specific to note. The room was comfortable, the location was good, the staff was friendly, etc. Across the street were a couple of stores including a large grocery store so we were able to buy dinner and breakfast there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi,
It was good of you to take the time to post your review of the hotel after your stay with us.
Thank you for that and for your positive feedback. I do hope that perhaps on a future occasion you will have more time to spend with us and experience more of our facilities such as our Opus One restaurant and bar food menus which I am sure would make your stay more special.
In the meantime thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed in the Cavan crystal while attending a wedding in a nearby hotel. From the outside the hotel does not looking appealing, but it is very nice once you head inside. It is evident that they hotel have spent money on the interior but they seems to have forgotten about the outside which is a shame. Our room was clean and well appointed. The bed was very uncomfortable, i usually like a firm matteress but found the bed to be as hard as a plank of wood, but others may find it fine.
My biggest complaint and the reason I am only giving the hotel 2 star is because of the food. Myself and my husband went for breakfast the next day and while we were very close to end of service we still expected good food. The staff were very nice and accommodating but the food was inedible. I ordered what I thought was fresh pancakes but what I got were dry stale pancakes, that clearly weren't even fresh that day. They were even cold! My husband ordered a full breakfast but everything bar the fried egg had clearly been re-heated rather than freshly cooked. We had heard great things about the hotel but we were bitterly disappointed and will not be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bobbi_Rory
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback following your visit to us and thank you for your kind comments on the hotel.
I was naturally sorry to hear of your experience for breakfast and may I apologise most sincerely for this and I would be happy to respond to you in more detail on this directly if you would like to contact me on joeobrien@cavancrystalhotel.com
I do you hope you will consider returning to us on a future occasion as we would be very keen to show that what you experienced at breakfast was not the standard we strive to achieve at the Cavan Crystal Hotel.
In the meantime thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.
Joe O'Brien.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Cabra Castle Hotel
Cabra Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kingscourt
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,259 reviews

Been to Cavan Crystal Hotel? Share your experiences!