“Great little american diner”

Smith's Diner & Takeaway
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Cavan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 65 Seater restaurant, american style theme, serving an extensive breakfast and lunch/dinner menu. Wine available. We strive to have a family friendly environment in relaxed and welcoming surroundings.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great food and friendly staff nice to see american diner food v tasty, fills up quick at lunch time so get in early

Reviewed August 3, 2013

In Cavan today Saturday visiting family and before we headed to town family recommended this place for a bite to eat. What I can say it was cosy and clean. My only fault was that there was to much on the menu.... (Good complaint). I had a philly cheese steak sub roll and my husband had a seriously big burger recommended by the very young pleasant lady working which the conversation turned into a big debate about the Cavan game. She new her stuff let me tell ya and everyone else joined into the conversation put my man to shame which was hilarious she definitely proud to be from Cavan. Not everywhere ya go for a bite to eat and have such a pleasant experience. Definitely be back in next couple days. Wish it could be bigger!!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I love the cajun chicken wraps and they do amazing burgers! Plenty of choice in the menu outside of the normal fast food stuff. Great parking, family friendly. A definite thumbs up!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I love the food in this place, the burgers and chicken are unreal. But to be honest, the dark haired girl who is usually serving is very ignorant and would hardly say hello. I have family and friends living in Cavan and unfortunately they think the same. I think I'll be going to the Chinese from now on. Big shame

5  Thank LisaCorbett
Reviewed July 8, 2013

good honest grub. The chicken wings are yummy and the chips are the old fashioned kind. The chilli is absolutely gorgeous and the kids' chicken nuggets were really tasty. It's an American style diner and this really adds to the experience. It is also great value and very child friendly. The service is quick and the waitresses very polite and smiley. A great weekend treat for the family.