“Great wee night in cavan town”

The Farnham Arms Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My self and my mother booked this hotel for an overnight stay on the 8th of June the location of the hotel was fantastic right on the main street of cavan when we arrived we got checked in very quickly we then went to have dinner the food was fantastic and plentiful. Later that night we hit the night club in the Farnham which was brilliant the rooms wwere beautiful and very clean the staff were really friendly and very helpful we had a absolutely fantastic break and would definitely go back

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Tracey M

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A very disappointing restaurant experience. Booked the early bird in the restaurant well in advance. We were put in the coffee dock - we wouldn't have agreed to this if offered when booking. Some private party in restaurant - must already have been scheduled when booking made. Asked for wine menu - waitress brought out two bottles only of overpriced Chilean wine and asked if we wanted red or white - no other choice. Food was only fair - edible but basic, some vegetables brought to table after main course finished. Some confusion over price as we had not noticed that only 2 of the 3 courses offered were included in the menu price. A reduction was given because of this. We had dined here a year or so ago and at the time recommended this restaurant. Unfortunately we can no longer do so based on this experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Farnham Arms Hotel twice in February. Both times I arrived late at night very cold and tired, but the staff were welcoming and the hotel was warm and cosy. It had been recommended to me by someone I met in the Cavan General Hospital. There was traditional music in the bar on both Wednesday nights that I stayed but I was too tired to stay. The food was freshly made and tasty. Breakfast was good but the room in which it was served was huge and felt cold. The shower while it didn't look up to much in appearence was one of the best I have had anywhere. The location on the main street is great and the private car park is ideal

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary F
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Farnham Arms Hotel is right on the main street in Cavan town. We found it warm and welcoming.The staff were very helpful, the atmosphere was relaxing. The food in the bar was excellent, the bar staff were friendly and helpful. It was a busy night as there was a drama festival on in the town but they still made time to chat with us. Full Irish breakfast in the morning was just what we needed to send us off on our way to Derry.

Room Tip: Room to the front not over night club
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank starCoKerry
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at the Farnham in December 2012. We stayed for 2 nights & had a wonderful time in Cavan. The hotel was a fantastic location right in the centre of the town. Staff were very friendly & welcomed us back to the hotel every time we returned which was a nice touch. The Breakfast was simply the best!! so many choices and exceptional quality. it was the best breakfast selection I've has in a long time. Rooms were very clean and well styled. We had a evening meal in the bar which was called Perch French the food was very tasty.

I would def recommend the hotel & stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank siobhan M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I ate in this hotel for the second time in 10 months, I'm sorry I went back after the first experience, the first time I got breakfast on a saturday morning, there were lots of tables available to sit at but most of them had dirty dishes, the few staff that were on were young girls and they were run off their feet.
The second time I ate there was the other day, I only ate there because for Sunday lunch there was little or no choice available in the centre of Cavan town, same story again, there was a long queue for the carvery, my partner got served first and went to sit down, the girl who was serving on her own ran off into the kitchen when it came to my turn, she was running in & out re-stocking food in carvery, by the time I had got my food and paid & sat down my partner was almost finished, the food did not taste good & YET AGAIN most of the tables were full of DIRTY DISHES, the staff was made up of young girls, there was one older woman who seemed like a manager but did not act like one, she didn't seem to notice any of this.
I certainly will not be going back for a third time! I think they are doing Cavan tourism damage!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, hotel is very central...I think it is the only town centre hotel? Rooms are basic enough but clean. Nice bar & decent breakfast, there is a nightclub in this hotel so I would imagine that might disturb some sleep. Good base to explore the town.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
#1 of 2 in Kingscourt
Breffni Arms Hotel
Breffni Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Arva

Been to The Farnham Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!