“Very friendly with great food”

Hard Boiled Egg Cafe
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Cavan
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: this is a family friendly cafe with a lot to offer the hungry traveller,with foods from all around the world form the american eggs benedict made famous by the waldorf hotel,to fajitas to fish and chips this cafe loves what it does and constantly update the menu to please as many as possible. so if you only need to take the waight off with a latte, or want to fill up on an american grill we cater to all. but if you feel you want to try a bit of history why not try our Guinness world record "World largest commercally available full irish/english breakfest" its not for the faint hearted.
Northern Ireland
“Very friendly with great food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The service, menu and the food was frst class, excellent value. Really enjoyed the experience and the food - will be back :-)

• Visited November 2012

Cavan, Ireland
“Great new things here!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We walked in and to our suprise, they have a new addition, they have built on a new seating area, can probably hold up to another 20-25 people. They have new tastes for their milk shakes and my wife and I tried some caramel in our coffees...MMMMM ! (I am pretty sure they have every flavor ever made.) They have diffirent specials of the day, great customer service, excellent prices and the people who work there always have a smile...now days that means alot! Keep up the great work Hard Boiled Egg, you are doing an AWESOME job!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Rory S
Cavan, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I go there for lunch at least once ever 2 weeks and I always love the food and the service is always top class. Will have to recommend the Cajun Chicken Wrap or the Cheeky Chicken Panini, and the Breakfast is great too. Ah you know what everything is great about this place. LOVE IT

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Margaret B
Athlone, Ireland
“Nice but a bit expensive.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've been here a couple of times recently and my conclusion has been consistent. The food is very nice. The service is good too. The prices are just not worth it

For example, eggs Benedict, a standard for this style of cafe, 7.99. For that you get 2 eggs, a piece of bacon, on two halves of a muffin and some hollandaise sauce. No garnish, no salad, no hash browns, no fried potatoes not even coffee or tea.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ColmDAthlone
“Did not meet my expectations!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

My 'Italian Job and chips' was edible but not the quality I expected. The chips were over cooked, crunchy and tasteless. The ciabatta was hard, yes rock hard underneath. The filling was smothered in a bitter pesto and sun dried tomato filling. There was very little chicken in the ciabatta.
My colleague ordered a breakfast. The sausages were cremated as was the egg. She could only eat the over cooked chips and that was bad. I was disappointed and would not return here.

2 Thank castleofmyown
johnnygmeath, Owner at Hard Boiled Egg Cafe, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
hi castle of my own, i am truley sorry as are all the staff that you dident enjoy your time at the egg.obviously something went wrong and i cant change that now, we work very hard to make sure that each and every coustomer has a good meal and a good time while at the hard boiled egg and i wished that at the time you had brought it to our attention and could have had the opperitunity to fix it. so please accepet our heart felt apoligy and dont write us off, please come back and allow us to do what we do best. thanks Johnny