“Delicious Food Excellent Staff”
Review of Oakroom Restaurant

Oakroom Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Cavan
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Happy and successful cooking doesn't rely only on know how; it comes from the heart, makes a demand on the palate and needs enthusiasm and a deep love of food to bring it to life." About The Oak Room The style of cuisine is modern Irish and the restaurant prides itself on using fresh produce in season; most of which is sourced locally. One of the main aims of The Oak Room is to give quality food and service at a reasonable price. We also offer an outdoor catering service where we deliver to your desired location.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Myself and my husband had dinner here recently. We chose the 3 course menu. Wide variety of food to choose from and it was all absolutely delicious.

I particularly enjoyed the beef salad starter. Portions were very good and food was really excellently presented. I would highly recommend.

Our waitress was lovely and most attentive. We really enjoyed our evening there.

1  Thank Traveller0090
There are newer reviews for Oakroom Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I eat regularly in this restaurant and I have never had a bad meal. The staff are attentive, polite and friendly which just adds to the lovely experience.

1  Thank maggieCavanIreland
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have visited here a few times and it gets better and better. Good quality food , friendly attentive service that make you relaxed and enjoying yourself more. Great selection of fine food to choose from at reasonable prices. Best place to eat in town , in my view ! Perfect for couples , family and events !

1  Thank rosman096
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stopped here for a meal during a midweek break in Cavan. I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the food especially considering we were eating from a thirty euro set menu. There was good variety on the menu and the food was excellent. The service was also great. Can't really recommend the place any more.

1  Thank mrmanire
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had been here only once before, during the fleadh of 2012 where we felt that we were given very poor standard food, small portions for too much money. We had said we would not go back again but due to others opinions we decided to try it again.
We are so glad we did.
The girls who worked there were lovely, very friendly and helpful.
The restaurant was lovely and warm without being overpowering.
The toilets were clean and fresh smelling.
But best of all - The food was great and very good value.
I had the brie to start, my husband had the cod goujons. Then I had duck whilst he had chicken. He ended with apple crumble while I had the sorbet basket. All washed down with 2 glasses of a lovely sauvignon blanc. We thought it was great value for €71.00 all in. We weren't rushed at all, were able to enjoy our meal at our leisure and had a really lovely time.
This restaurant is well worth a visit.
Will definately come again.

1  Thank Elisa M