“High recommend”
Review of Stella Maris Hotel

Stella Maris Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We cannot say enough about the friendly staff at the Stella Maris. We arrived on an flight from the US in the early AM and they let us check into our rooms early and then gave us a hot breakfast...even though the hour for breakfast had come and gone.
The staff was accomodating in every way- even making a speicmail meal for a member of the family that was ill.
The rooms were very clean and well kept. A very cozy hotel in a beautiful seaside town with stunning scenery.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bayforest3205

Reviewed September 10, 2010

My wife and I had spent the day driving Loop head drive and taking a dolphin tour across in Carigaholt and needed a place to stay. We went by a few places and this place was nice. We only had the breakfast which was adequate. For dinner I would highly recommend the restaurant next door Murphy Blacks, not inexpensive but very nice dining. The rooms in the hotel are larger but our room was way up so stairs were an issue. We only travel with carry-on luggage so it was not an issue.. The bar/restaurant in the hotel is actually quite nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rdelott
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed for two nights with family in May 2009, and booked at the last minute. The Stella Maris is a fairly small hotel/bar/restaurant literally one minute from the beach (some rooms have sea views) and at the top of Kilkee's main street. It's fairly expensive compared to local b&b's but it's family-run, and worth the extra for a better service. On the first night it was very busy as a wedding, but the second night was very calm. Lovely room, clean and comfortable... Breakfast (full-Irish) wasn't amazing (plentiful but a bit greasy) but dinner at the restaurant was really nice... very local menu.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Hi, we didn't stay in this hotel just ate there after a long day out with 4 young children and assorted grandparents.
I was surprised to find reception disorganised and a touch rude but the bar and floor staff were dead on, on inspection of the menu my in laws being good scots decided it was over priced so they left for naughtons reliable fish and chip shop close by and took that on home. However I was hungry as were the children and the standard of food at home is alway so good I didn't flinch at 14 or maybe 16euro can't remember exactly for a lovely phrased cajun chicken with wedges salad and sour cream.
It took nearly an hour to come which the chicken had obviously spent in the oven it was that over done, wedges were raw and salad was sad piece of lettuce and some onion, think they thought sour cream was literally sour cream...!
Anyway threw it into me, I was that hungry just wanted to get children home and to bed, this was supposed to be a treat and it was awful was too tired and down at that stage to complain but would tell anyone avoid it like the plague..or the swine flu!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank scirish4
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Rooms were clean and large..But noisey...I would not stay again, disappointed from previous stays....

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Very helpful and friendly staff. We(my wife and I) arrived looking for somewhere to stay on a Sunday evening. The hotel was very busy but the manageress took time out to show us the room and make us welcome.The room was comfortable and clean.

The bar was packed and we ate in the conservatory at the front, but the food was very ordinary. If we had it to do again, we would go out to a restaurant in the town.

Yes, I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank Adventurer
Reviewed May 17, 2007

My wife and I were here 2 nights on our honeymoon and they put us in special 3rd floor room with view of the gorgeous horseshoe bay. For an older structure, everything appeared to be quite clean and refurbished (nice tiled bath area). Kilkee is quite small, but the Stella Maris was located ideally to a deli and the superb Naughton's restaurant. Very slow pace here in Kilkee so I would use this as a day or two break during your Western Ireland exploration. Stella Maris also has a pub (occasional live music) and patio seating where you can dine or relax with a Guinness or Irish coffee enjoying an Irish sunset. Thanks to the friendly staff for making our stay here so enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Ekords
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
0 mi away
Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg
Nolan's B&B
Nolan's B&B
#3 of 6 in Kilkee

Been to Stella Maris Hotel? Share your experiences!