“I'll be going back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nevsail Watersports
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I'll be going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Tried the kayaking and it was great. Great entertainment, staff were very friendly and brilliant with my son. He loved it. If Ur in the area, it's a must. Good value for money.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nicola G

Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't let the rain stop you on Kilkee Bay! Nevsail rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My partner and I travelled by car to Kilkee bay (about 1.5-2 hours from Limerick City--the roads are quite narrow so you never reach the crazy speed limit of 100 km/hr!). The bay is gorgeous. It was a horseshoe shaped bay with a great sandy beach. The only day it rained on our 2 week trip was the day we were booked to kayak.
We are crazy canucks so we braved the weather and I am glad we did. We donned the provided wetsuits and we couldn't have been more comfortable and warm despite the coolness of the water.
It would be great for kids, teens, friends, families, couple or anyone!
Our instructor Hazel was amazing. Should you tip? We did. Only 10 Euro but it was certainly well deserved and enough for a pint or two.
Because of the waves we couldn't get outside of the bay but riding the swells was a magical feeling and Hazel taught us to surf onto the beach which is much harder than it looks but so much fun!
I felt like a kid again and I was so happy we decided to experience the ocean in Ireland. It was a highlight of our fabulous trip.
I would definitely do it again rain or shine but on a sunny day it would be spectacular and the people at Nevsail were friendly and easy-going, making it a great afternoon.
Thanks Hazel!

3 Thank Aspires
Limerick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day kayaking - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Myself and my husband completed the level 1 kayaking course with Nevsail Watersports on Saturday 20th July. In the morning session we learnt a number of different kayaking strokes and spent some time kayaking around the bay. In the afternoon session we had an opportunity to visit sea caves and kayak out to George's head and across the bay - this part was great fun and the highlight of our day. We had a great day and would highly recommend Nevsail Watersports. Our two instructors were professional, fun and very friendly. We will signing up to the level 2 kayaking course soon!!

1 Thank Carol180610
“Had a great day kayaking around Kilkee bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Professional friendly instructors (thanks hazel and mark) made the day very enjoyable....will definitely go back!

Fermanagh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cant recommend highly enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just back from a short break in Kilkee, we booked onto the 2 1/2 hour sea kayaking trip with Nevsail. Booking in advance was quick and easy, they responded to our emails very quickly and the whole thing was sorted well in advance of our trip (they can get booked out quickly so we were advised to prebook)

There was 4 of us on our trip, my wife and I plus our two boys aged 6 and 8. They are not particularly strong swimmers but every safety precaution was taken and at no stage on the trip did we have to worry about them. The tour itself was amazing, ive been going to Kilkee all my life yet we were able to see parts of the coastline I didnt know existed. In and out of caves, right across the bay, we were taken to some rocks where we could jump off into a really deep pool and we saw a seal out at sea.

The instructor (I think he was called Mark) was superb, very chatty and friendly and did everything he could to ensure everyone had a great time. Even though the tour is a lot more expensive than just hiring the kayaks, its amazing value for money as there is no way we would have had the confidence to go so far out to sea without someone who was familiar with the area.

We wanted to hire some stand up kayak surfboard things the next day. Despite it being sunny, and very calm looking we were told it wasnt really safe to do so, due to the offshore winds. They obviously take safety extremely seriously, im sure plenty of lesser companies would have gladly just taken our money.

Im absolutely certain we will use Nevsail again and again on future trips to Kilkee and I really urge anyone interested to give the kayaking tour ago, it was the absolute highlight of our holiday.

2 Thank FermanaghFat_Tony