“Stunning views and delicious food”

The Diamond Rocks Cafe
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Kilkee
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on the beautiful cliff walk in Kilkee with breath taking views, serving breakfast, sandwiches, soup, chowder, pizza, fish & chips, seafood plate. All desserts are home made. Traditional Sunday lunch.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visited in September as its always busy for good reason! The view is amazing, staff extremely friendly and the cakes are delicious I recommend the red velvet cake and snickers cheesecake!

1  Thank SocialJunkieee

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The "lady" that owns this coffee shop has to be the rudest person I have ever had the mishap of meeting. This is such a pity as the backdrop is breath taking. I would prefer to have a coffee from a flask in the future

13  Thank Sharon T
Reviewed July 12, 2012

On our way to visit the Cliffs of Moher coming for the Shannon River Ferry, we stopped in Kilkee and asked a group of people where to go to get best meal in the area. After a brief discussion the two couples told us to head out to the point to the Diamonds Rock Cafe. They told us it had outdoor dining. Sounded good to us.
The setting was beautiful! We decided to order our meals at the counter and take it outdoors to enjoy the waterside views. We enjoyed fish and chips, sodas and ice cream for a dessert. The food was very good but the location made very good food taste great! The waterside tables are wonderful. Of course, the sunshine shimmering off the waves added to the ambiance.
The tables were spread out enough so we could enjoy our meal and have a quiet conversation. If we weren't on our way to the Cliffs of Moher we would have stayed longer and maybe had a glass of wine or two.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Regularly stop off here for a coffee after a long walk. Gorgeous views and there is nowhere like it in Kilkee where you can sit have a coffee and sandwich or cake and simply take in the breathtaking views of Georges Head, the Pollok Holes etc. It is a bit pricey though, soup and a toasted sandwich will set you back almost €9 but as a treat it is nice.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

The west of Ireland might not have the weather going for it, but it has some of the most wonderfull natural rock swimming pools in the world!

And right beside these Pollock holes you will find The Diamond Rocks Cafe, serving hungry (and often shivering) swimmers and walkers big cups of steaming cofee and tea and truly delicious cakes and savories.

Every time we visit Kilkee we visit to this cafe - often. We sit outside in all but the worst weather or inside, where we can dry out and soak up the terrific view of the majestic Atlantic through the enormous windows.

My girls always have a simple cheese and ham sandwich and talk about them for the remaining 49 weeks of the year when thet are not on holiday! The hot panninis are popular too.

The fish sandwiches and salads - local crab being my favourite - are large and delicious. And the hot soup of the day has never let my mum down. My soup of choice is the hearty chowder- a real warmer on chillier days. There's always a tempting selection of cakes - sometimes I share, but most often I go it alone. I can always go for another swim and work off excess calories that way.

In the evenings, the pizza deal is great value for families and friends. The veggie pizza (and I am a meat eater) is simply delicious. One of the best toppings I have tasted, tho I skip the sweet corn and pineaple.

The accoustics inside aren't great, it's always noisy.... but that' also due to the fact that the Irish are big talkers. The atmosphere is modern, but cosy and the owners Margaret and Kevin friendly and professional.

For anytime coffee and cake, tasty lunch or family dinner The Diamond Rocks Cafe is a must. It's a lovely ten min walk from the town center or you can drive and park for free close by.

The cafe is open everyday during the summer plus weekends all year round, Bank holidays, Christmas, Easter and  New Years.

2  Thank Foodnow