“A must for dinnner in Kilkee”
Review of Naughtons

Naughtons
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Kilkee
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

6 of us booked for dinner early on Saturday evening.....everyone of us really enjoyed our meals...special mention goes to the scampi, the wild mushroom starter & all the desserts....all were particularly delicious.....we had no problem with the service & we did have a few additional needs that were all met....so thank you

There are newer reviews for Naughtons

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Got food from the "up market" take away and ate in the restaurant, all was top quality! Friendly efficient staff, fresh produce and great ambiance.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We arrived early on a Tuesday evening and were a party of 5. We were told by the hostess, there would be a wait of 30 mins to 1 hour. The place was busy and this seemed fair enough. We took a seat at the bar. After 1 hour we noticed that a number of parties who had arrived after us and who had also been told about the wait were now being seated before us. We prompted the hostess and were told that there was still not a table free for a party of 5. 5 minutes later we were led upstairs to a virtually empty dining room that lacked any atmosphere. The room began to fill quickly and we promptly placed our order. Meals started to arrive at other tables, even to a party of 9, despite the fact they had all arrived and placed their orders after us. We had not ordered anything special. Eventually our meals arrived and the food was excellent. Such a shame the service was so bad. We were on a short break with grandad and teenage kids, we got the impression that if we had our cardigans/jumpers draped over our shoulders or displayed a little more jewellery the initial welcoming and reception may have been better. What a pity, great food, just not made to feel very welcome. Naughtons you can do better.

1  Thank Sid955
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friend and I went to Naughton's recently when we were holidaying in Kilkee. When we arrived, the premises was bustling with people and we were informed there would be a half hour wait and were invited to get a drink at the bar whilst we waited. We did so and took a seat outside in the sunshine. The menu has a great range of choice. The portion sizes are very generous. I ordered the mussels to start, which I must say were really tasty, my friend ordered the bruchetta which she enjoyed also. For main course I ordered the t-bone steak which was very satisfying, with homemade onion rings on top and my friend ordered the home made scampi, she likes this so much she orders it every time we dine there! We didn't have room for dessert but they looked great. The staff were pleasant and efficient. We really enjoyed Naughtons's and the hustle and bustle of the place and I would definitely recommend dining here!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

had a lovely meal in naughton's this evening the service was first class very popular people waiting to get a table