“Very nice place.”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Recently back from Ireland, September 2013. This was a great place to stay. Very comfortable , clean, a great location, friendly, a nice breakfast with many choices. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Kilkee is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pauline,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

There are newer reviews for The Bayview

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for one night only mid-week but wished it had been longer! Bit of a trek up to our room with the cases but fabulous when we got there - we were given the family room ( no. 15) up in the roof which is huge, it has two doubles and a single in it but could easily take another double or a 3-piece suite! I think it's the largest room I've ever stayed in, anywhere. Décor bright and modern, beautiful carpet, spotlessly clean, lovely big en-suite shower room, and a view over the bay from the end window. Live music in the bar below is weekends only from the end of August, so we weren't disturbed. Great breakfast, and very good value for money. Kilkee itself is a charming little old-fashioned beach resort, hoping to visit again one day and to stay longer.

Room Tip: Ask for the family room at the top if you want space, but it's a lot of stairs with heavy cases!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the room was worth the stairs! I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently spent a few days in Kilkee with my 3 daughters, visiting where my mother was from. The proprietor was wonderful and able to arrange our rooms to suit us. We were impressed with the accommodations and delicious, traditional Irish breakfast. I would recommend to anyone traveling the West of Clare area. Very accommodating

Room Tip: Call before and send e-mails
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you traced your West Clare lineage! I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future for some more 'wonderful Irish hospitality'!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a local person I have grown up knowing the excellent reputation that this hotel has, so it is no wonder that I stay there when I return from England to see family and friends. The hotel is spotless, and the rooms are very comfortable. There is a very varied breakfast menu, which to the delight of my grandson contained pancakes. Nothing is too much trouble for Mary, John and staff. The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of town, close to the beach, shops and restaurants. Mary makes a point of chatting to her guests at breakfast, asking them about their holiday, and telling them about local history, which I think is lovely, as that is the hospitality that the Irish are renowned for. I highly recommend this hotel and will be returning next year

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 and it had a lovely view of the bay
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear cabstar,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that you hold us in such high regard, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a hotel to which people return year on year, as in our own personal experience. Apart from location which is the best in Kilkee, cleanliness and courtesy are always present. Food is really wonderful, sourced locally. As regular guests, we notice that rooms are refreshed every year we go back. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have sea views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Carmel,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that you are returning guests and I thank you for your continued custom. The Bay View pride ourselves on providing local fresh ingredients. All of our meat is farm-to-fork, that is to say it couldn't be any fresher, sourced locally from our own, family-run butchers.
Thank you once again for your sterling recommendation and, of course, your continued custom. We look very forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Brilliant B&B , more like a hotel for facilities and high standards of décor and service;reasonable rates; we stayed in room 15, very spacious and smart for a family of 4 with two teenagers; comfortable beds, quiet ,good breakfast, very friendly owner and staff, ideal position for the bay and restaurants etc. Only additional suggestion would be some kind of drying option for all the swimming apparel required in this wonderful seaside holiday venue.

Room Tip: room 15 under the roof is wonderful for 3-4 people
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Traveltime101,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that Room No. 15 (our largest room) was to your liking. it's a wonderful room as long as you don't mind stairs!
Thank you once again for your custom and your recommendation, I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you to The Bay View again in future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent B&B, very comfortable, central although Kilkee is small; great service. If you were sensitive you might react badly to the music from the bar but we didn't. My mother stayed here many years ago and now I know why. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to a bar so maybe as far away from this as possible on some nights! Room with a vi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2015

Dear SPW51,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot! I'm delighted to hear that your mother is a past guest and that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you once again for your custom and your glowing recommendation, I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

John Hickie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
Stella Maris Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to The Bayview? Share your experiences!