“Best B&B in Kilkee - Stayed August 2013”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
Cork, Ireland
“Best B&B in Kilkee - Stayed August 2013”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It's not often I write a review after I leave but I feel it's necessary in this case. I can't say enough about the staff in this Guesthouse. It's a lovely Guesthouse in a beautiful part of Kilkee & an excellent base for seeing the area. However, this Guesthouse has definitely made the holiday for us. Friendly, efficient staff who go the extra mile has made all the difference here. John & Mary Hickie the Propietors couldnt do enough for us. Our Family room was nicer than something you would get in a 4 star hotel and had lovely sea views which was great. I would strongly recommend this Guesthouse to anyone travelling to this part of Ireland. The breakfast was 10/10 & live bands at night were brillant. Again my very highest compliments to all the staff, who made our stay so fantastic. We will definetly be back next year! Roll on 2014! Thanks again to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bay View and sorry for the late response!
I'm delighted to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! I will pass on your kind sentiments to Mary and the staff, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Thank you once again for your custom and your glowing recommendation.

John Hickie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Essex uk
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here recently and really enjoyed it. The owners were particularly helpful and promptly replied to a couple of emails I sent before we got there asking about the possibility of friends using our room to get ready for a wedding - they happily obliged. It felt like a little hotel.The room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed and a really good shower. Robes were provided! The price was very reasonable. The breakfast menu was great, especially porridge with baileys poured over, which we ate whilst enjoying the sea.There was a polite warning notice to say a band would be playing till late but it really wasn't that loud. Mrs hickey is fab!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the band if you're a light sleeper but the noise wasn't bad at...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ruth,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late response. I''m delighted to hear that we could oblige you where possible and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm happy that you found the breakfast to your standard and that you felt your stay wasn't too hard on your pocket! I will pass on your sentiments to Mary, I'm sure she thought you were 'fab' too!

Thank you once again for your custom and your glowing recommendation, I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A very nice B & B. Mary even arranged for our family to have their breakfast early on the first morning as we were heading out on a Fishing trip. Family room very spacious for a family of 4. Be aware that there is a pub on the other side of the Bay View which has music at the weekends. I would advise patrons to head down to breakfast early, as a lot of the cereals etc., are gone!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Homebird700,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and my apologies for the late response! I'm delighted to hear that Mary could accommodate your family's early breakfast, and that you found your family room spacious.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Thank you for a lovely stay. Kilkee is a beautiful spot by the beach. Would recommend and is the best B&B we have stayed in. Loved the little extras in the room e.g. bottles of water and bath robes. Very clean and spacious and fab breakfast too. (If you plan an early night, just beware of the sound of the band in the bar below but it did finish up before 1 and we didn't hear a sound after)

• Stayed August 2013
Dear BrowneSC,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late response. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the variety of breakfasts on offer and the little extras, because well.. it's the little things that make it!

Thank you once again for your custom and your kind recommendation, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A top class b&b. It's more like a boutique style hotel! The hospitality of Mary Hickey and staff is first class. Our rooms were immaculately clean on arrival and cleaned every morning after breakfast. We even got lovely robes and slippers which I thought was a lovely touch! Location is excellent, right in the centre of Kilkee town. (And with that comes noisy patrons of the surrounding bars, but that's to be expected in the centre of a beach town on the August Bank Holiday weekend!) The selection at breakfast time was fantastic... better than some 4 star hotels I've been too. Overall I would have no hesitations recommending the Bay View B&B to potential guests. By far the best accommodation in Kilkee. Thanks to Mary and Staff for a wonderful stay. From the Ralph girls!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ralph Girls,
Thank you for taking the time to review at The Bay View, and sorry for the late response. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us and I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future!

Thank you once again for your custom and your recommendation.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just got back from 4 nights at Bay View. Mary and her son & all the staff work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a top & clean stay. Breakfast is fresh and cooked to perfection. it is situated in a fab position. Me and my husband were in a room over Hickies Bar, so we could hear the live bands, but this was not a problem. My 22 year old son and his 4 year old son had a room further a way and barely heard it. My 69 year old parents was situated further away and did not hear a thing. Definately will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Ask for room in new annex where you will not hear any bands from the bar.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late response! I am delighted to hear that all of your rooms fit your party so well, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to Mary and the staff.

Thank you once again for your custom and your kind recommendation. I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay in the Bay View B & B in Kilkee. The accommodation,location and breakfast are excellent. The room was immaculate and the hospitality of the staff second to none. Both my husband and myself would highly recommend the Bay View and will most certainly be back again in 2014 .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rose,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late reply. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the accommodation, location and breakfast. I will extend your compliments to Mary and the staff.

Thank you once again for your continued custom and kind recommendation. I look very forward to your next visit.

John Hickie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
Stella Maris Hotel
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Falls Hotel & Spa
Falls Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon

Been to The Bayview? Share your experiences!