“perfect”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just got back from 4 nights at Bay View. Mary and her son & all the staff work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a top & clean stay. Breakfast is fresh and cooked to perfection. it is situated in a fab position. Me and my husband were in a room over Hickies Bar, so we could hear the live bands, but this was not a problem. My 22 year old son and his 4 year old son had a room further a way and barely heard it. My 69 year old parents was situated further away and did not hear a thing. Definately will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Ask for room in new annex where you will not hear any bands from the bar.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late response! I am delighted to hear that all of your rooms fit your party so well, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to Mary and the staff.

Thank you once again for your custom and your kind recommendation. I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for The Bayview

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay in the Bay View B & B in Kilkee. The accommodation,location and breakfast are excellent. The room was immaculate and the hospitality of the staff second to none. Both my husband and myself would highly recommend the Bay View and will most certainly be back again in 2014 .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rose,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late reply. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the accommodation, location and breakfast. I will extend your compliments to Mary and the staff.

Thank you once again for your continued custom and kind recommendation. I look very forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Accommodations, breakfast, staff and location are excellent, but the owner would not stop her dog from barking. The dog barked day and night, including 2-7 AM, and would only stop briefly if we contacted her directly. The dog barking in combination with hearing the band until 1-2 AM made sleeping nearly impossible. I would not recommend this B&B to anyone wishing to enjoy a quiet night's rest! It is beyond poor guest service to knowingly allow a dog to bark while your guests are trying to sleep or enjoy the view from their room in peace.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Hogan,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Bayview, we value all feedback. I would also like to thank you for your positive comments on our B&B, now to issue of the noise. I do accept that Mary's pet dog barks from time to time but by no means does he bark all day & night this is totally untrue. If it was true I am sure other guest would have raised this issue & the haven't done so. Mr. Hogan I dealt with your reservation myself and when booking you requested a room away from the bar, I did then explain to you that you were staying in Kilkee in peak season and the busiest week of the season so the street and surrounding bars & restaurants would be very busy until late, you told me that would not be a issue.I reserved room 18 for you which is no where near our bar, so is it possible the bar just across the street from your room with live music every night would be the bar that kept you awake? I would also like to point out that any issue you had, you choose to e-mail us with the matter instead of coming to reception and telling us directly, this I find very strange , even though we did attend any issue you raised.
Regards,
Manager John Hickie

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the Bay View B&B in Kilkee in July 2013. The accommodations were top notch - very well thought out, but when renovations were completed (clearly very recent), soundproofing might have been helpful. The pub below ensures you will stay up with the band. If it is a good band, put your clothes back on and go down and enjoy yourself. (We did this.) If it is just "eh", then you lie in bed and wait for the evening to end.

The other issue is dinner service. This is not at all reflective of Bay View, but there are very few dining establishments available in Kilkee, and in the summer, without a reservation, you will be told "Come back tomorrow" even when you are starving. Book ahead, and hope for a great band in Hickies, because that place can ROCK when it is good! (And you will sleep well afterwards!)

Room Tip: There are a few rooms away from the bar. Request them.

Dear reinademiuniverso,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late reply. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I'm sorry to hear about the local restaurants - maybe book the day before? - but I'm delighted that you ROCKed out in Hickies Bar!

Thank you once again for your custom and your kind recommendation. I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family have been staying at Hickey's Bay View hotel in Kilkee for generations. This place has grown from a quaint family run guesthouse to a gorgeous boutique style residence. After a wonderful trip with my son last year, I returned this year with my whole family (husband, daughter, son and me). Mrs. Hickey (Mary) was at the door to welcome us and always calls me by my Mother's maiden name! She makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive and will do anything to make sure her customers have a great experience. We stayed in a family room which was absolutely gorgeous. Spacious, with extremely comfortable beds, luxurious decor, super views and a breakfast to die for. The lovely waitress even remembered what our favourite breakfast was last year! Bay view isn't the number one destination in Kilkee for nothing. I thoroughly recommend spending time here to unwind and be spoiled! We will be back in august 2014! Keep up the great work John and Mary.

jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2015

Dear Miseger,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot!
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I'm particularly delighted to hear that your family have enjoyed your time here so much that you've returned to us time after time!
I will of course pass on your kind sentiments to Mary and the staff.

Thank you once again for your continued custom & glowing recommendation, I look very forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night. Wonderfull clean big room with large bed and armchairs, nice view to the bay, clean bathroom with even bathrobes. They serve a very good breakfast (many choices). Very friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear a w,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Bay View, and sorry for the late reply.
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

Thank you once again for your custom and recommendation.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My sister, 10 year old granddaughter and I spent 3 nights at the Bay View. It was great. The location is one of the best in town. The room was large, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was super. The staff was friendly and efficient. Iowna was a delight and the breakfast was simply wonderful. I live in New Jersey and my sister is in Limerick. When I'm next in Kilkee with my husband, we will stay there.

We will definitely be back and I highly recommend The Bay View.

Mairead James

Dear Máiréad,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late reply. I'm delighted to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and Iook very forward to your next visit.

Thank you once again for your custom and glowing recommendation, I look very forward to your next visit.

John Hickie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
Stella Maris Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to The Bayview? Share your experiences!