“Came back and it only got better!”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family have been staying at Hickey's Bay View hotel in Kilkee for generations. This place has grown from a quaint family run guesthouse to a gorgeous boutique style residence. After a wonderful trip with my son last year, I returned this year with my whole family (husband, daughter, son and me). Mrs. Hickey (Mary) was at the door to welcome us and always calls me by my Mother's maiden name! She makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive and will do anything to make sure her customers have a great experience. We stayed in a family room which was absolutely gorgeous. Spacious, with extremely comfortable beds, luxurious decor, super views and a breakfast to die for. The lovely waitress even remembered what our favourite breakfast was last year! Bay view isn't the number one destination in Kilkee for nothing. I thoroughly recommend spending time here to unwind and be spoiled! We will be back in august 2014! Keep up the great work John and Mary.

jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2015

Dear Miseger,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, it means a lot!
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I'm particularly delighted to hear that your family have enjoyed your time here so much that you've returned to us time after time!
I will of course pass on your kind sentiments to Mary and the staff.

Thank you once again for your continued custom & glowing recommendation, I look very forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night. Wonderfull clean big room with large bed and armchairs, nice view to the bay, clean bathroom with even bathrobes. They serve a very good breakfast (many choices). Very friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Dear a w,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Bay View, and sorry for the late reply.
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

Thank you once again for your custom and recommendation.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My sister, 10 year old granddaughter and I spent 3 nights at the Bay View. It was great. The location is one of the best in town. The room was large, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was super. The staff was friendly and efficient. Iowna was a delight and the breakfast was simply wonderful. I live in New Jersey and my sister is in Limerick. When I'm next in Kilkee with my husband, we will stay there.

We will definitely be back and I highly recommend The Bay View.

Mairead James

jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Dear Máiréad,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late reply. I'm delighted to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and Iook very forward to your next visit.

Thank you once again for your custom and glowing recommendation, I look very forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked a family room, which turned out to be a recently renovated, large room in the attic with two double beds, a spacious bathroom, a large TV and two armchairs. We were there during the hot weather, and the room being in the attic was very hot. The room was spotless, as was much of the rest of the B&B. Getting to the room with luggage was a hassle, as there is no lift and several flights of steep stairs. Breakfast was pleasant, though standard B&B fare, the room was cramped, and to the delight of my 7 year old, there was the option of pancakes (though she would normally eat 3 to 4 - not just the one that was served). The B&B is located just opposite the Bay which on a nice day, has stunning views. It is also close to a street which has some good pubs.

The B&B has a bar which I really didn't like - dark, dinghy and dirty.

I have to confess, I don't like B&B's much, finding them overpriced and restrictive. This one turned out to be reasonable, and we could easily come and go, though after a certain time you get locked out and have to phone the owner. For a one night stay, the B&B was just fine.My rating is relative to price!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have just returned from Kilkee. we stayed in the Bay view and we had a great time. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. Mary and John could not do enough for us. The breakfast was fantastic and Mary's home made scones with her home made jam were the best I have ever tasted. We had a fantastic view across kilkee bay. We had a lovely time in their bar next door. We are sorry that we could not stay longer, but we will definately return there again..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
jhick, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2015

Dear Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Bay View, and sorry for the late reply. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your compliments to Mary. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in future.

Thank you once again for your custom and glowing recommendation.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Kilkee the last weekend in June and stayed in the Bayview B & B. It was a great find. We had a wonderful time. Mary looked after us really well. The bedroom was very nicely decorated and spotless. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and it was better than some 4* hotels in europe. Mary and her staff took an interest in every guest and made everyone feel very welcome. I would have no hesitation in recommending this great B & B and look forward to visiting again.
Bernie & Kevin Mullins

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A good honest B&B, no frills but all the necessities and good food. No refreshment offered upon arrival and no such facilities in the room. Walls very thin, could hear neighbouring occupant's persistent cough! Well stocked pub attached to this B&B. Good free WiFi access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Bay, but sometimes you may hear the sounds of late night revellers on...