“Just beautiful”

Add it.
Lantern House
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Killaloe
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Liz and Phil are wonderful hosts which I didnt want to leave. The entire experience has me long to come back and stay. The house, grounds, restaurant, and food were super which this place was the best place I stayed at while traveling through Ireland. I will be back....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank katherynmghr2
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We stayed here for two nights in September 2007, and enjoyed the friendly reception. The views are stunning - over lough Derg on the river Shannon. The house is ideally situated to gain maximum benefit from these views. However, on the nights we stayed there we were given a room without any view. The room was downstairs at the back of the house so our view consisted of a hedge separating us from the car park. The house was not full on these nights so I cannot understand why we were given this room. If I was staying here again I would make sure to ask for "a room with a view".

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank blibble
Reviewed July 2, 2004

I did not get to stay with the wonderful folks who own the Lantern House but we had, undoubtably, the best meal we had in the whole of Ireland and we were there 18 days with 3 meals a day.

The service is beyond belief. You are met at the door by the owner. dressed as they used to when they cared about the impressions they made, with a white towel over his arm and a huge smile on his face. We were blown away by the service, the quality of the food, and most of all the friendliness of the proprietor.

WONDERFUL! so I have no doubt the hotel service would be the same and the scenery from their location will take you breath.

8  Thank oma14
Reviewed March 20, 2004

This hotel is situated just 30 minutes from Limerick and has wonderful view over Lough Derg and the Clare country side. It is a great base to explore the West of Ireland. It is every thing you could want for an esecape from the hustle and bustle. Great location, comforable rooms and food run by Liz and Phil who make the place one that you want to go back to. I will be back as soon as my travel plans allow

8  Thank simonharris