“a brilliant time out”

Killaloe River Cruises
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Killaloe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Killaloe River Cruises offer daily one hour tours of the River Shannon and Lough Derg. The tour cruises north along the River Shannon and Lough Derg. A commentary is provided on all interesting sites as you cruise by. Our boats are suitable for passengers of all ages and are purpose built to maximise your view to make your cruise on Ireland’s greatest river more memorable and enjoyable. Daily departures, available all year round, private charter also provided.
Killaloe, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a brilliant time out”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

a great way of seeing some of the beautiful sights on the Lough, a relaxing time out, also a great way of hearing about the history of killaloe & ballina

Visited July 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a booking of 50 people for day after my own wedding on the Spirit of Killaloe boat for a hour at 3.30. I arrived at 3.20 and boat was gone with NO PHONE CALL, there was a very very small minority of people that had some drink taken and were no way drunk or disorderly. These people had no intention of goin on boat anyway, but boat was gone with NO PHONE CALL. I had family from New Zealand Australia and England looking forward to it. I had to explain the situation to all guests including children and many senior citizens. It was very upsetting for my wife and i on our first day of marriage.

Id advise future groups stay away from this Spirit Of Killaloe boat to avoid Disappointment.
Groom received no calls from boat owner to cancel boat trip!!!!
My Guests told me they felt sorry for us and they wont be returning to area because of way we were treated by Spirit of Killaloe.

Embarrassed Groom

Visited June 2013
1 Thank hughietunes
SpiritofKillaloe_11, Owner at Killaloe River Cruises, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I would really appreciate an honest review, I did phone you at 3.05pm, you missed the call. You returned my call at 3.11pm and I explained my position quite clearly, it is the exact same position that I explained in the review posted on July 1st. "I observed the group for over 20 minutes on the quayside. I deemed that it would be unsafe to bring them out onto the water. I did phone the groom, I did speak with the groom, I explained my decision fully and gave my reason for refusing the group."
Corofin, Clare, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“biggest let down”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was part of a large wedding party this last weekend. The celebrations were fantastic and although people were disappointed at the treatment received from the owner of the Spirit of Killaloe the party continued at the Flanagans bar and a good time was had by all.
Having said this - None of the wedding party (a large party of people) would ever consider hiring the Spirit of Killaloe and are advising everyone they know not to entertain using the Spirit of Killaloe as part of their celebrations although Flanagans is a good venue
The boat was hired, people came from all over the world only to see the Spirit of Killaloe pulling out without any of us aboard. Not only did the owner of the Spirit of Killaloe think it acceptable to let everyone down - He did not even have the courtesy to phone the Bride or Groom and explain himself. The Bride and Groom were embarrassed for their party when they should have been celebrating the most important day of their lives they found themselves apologising for this mans extremely bad manners and appalling behaviour.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rita L
SpiritofKillaloe_11, Owner at Killaloe River Cruises, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dublin
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Took an afternoon trip on the Spirit of Lough Derg and was extremely impressed; we were the only customers aboard the boat and treated to a wonderful cruise and history of the area. The captain, James, was knowledgable and really friendly, encouraging my son to both look at the wildlife outside the boat and the compasses and navigating equipment inside the boat. By discussing the workings of the boat and the river and explaining the markers in the water made the trip! James was good at reading what we were interested in and I'm sure on another trip there might have been a bit more history! We will be back, we already have recommended the trip to others and look forward to a sunnier day in the summer.....
Highly recommend for an afternoon in Killaloe

Visited May 2013
1 Thank m-luck
Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of Killaloe”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had the pleasure of this trip on April 20th last.What a wonderful way to spend an hour in Killaloe, on the Spirit of Lough Derg! Couldn't recommend it highly enough! Enjoyed by one and all from the elder lemons to the junior ministers! 9 on board including 3 children. Everyone had great fun! Complements to the Captain!! He made the trip the huge success it was! The junior ministers got the opportunity to sit on the captains seat and steer the boat, which they are still talking about!! He made the whole trip fun, entertaining and informative! What a natural!The epitome of all thats good about Irish, wit, charm and hospitality.
What great photos and great memories, thank you for making it so special!

Visited April 2013