“Amazing cakes....I wanted them all!”
Review of The Wooden Spoon

The Wooden Spoon
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Killaloe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a find! We wanted a coffee after a drive from Limerick and stumbled across the wooden spoon. Amazing assortment of home made cakes all looking amazing. Finally had to choose one. Wonderful! Location is saved in the sat nag now. Worth the drive! Thank you.

2  Thank ClaraS14

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Visited The Wooden Spoon last Sunday afternoon. All five of us were extremely pleased with both the food and the delicious deserts. The portions were very generous. Even the coffee was extremely good. The quality of the ingredients used was obvious in all the dishes.The staff were outstanding in their friendliness and efficiency. Despite the large turnover of guests waiting to be seated, the atmosphere was so cosy. It was very obvious the staff enjoyed working there. I would definitely recommend a visit. We intend to return as often as possible, as there was so much on the menu that we really wanted to try. In fact we are hoping to visit there again this Sunday on Mother's day.
This place is really worth a visit!

1  Thank Yvonnnek
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have eaten several times at Wooden Spoon, both in its current location and also at its previous locaion on Convent Hill, It is a step above most establishments of its ilk and deserves all the recommendations that other have bestowed on it! I have many an excuse to go to Killaloe/Ballina area just so I can have a decent meal/snack and coffee delivered to me with a smile for the guys working there. I have also sent some friends there who equally came back with glowing reports. While its prices match the location I would prefer to pay a little more and get quality and food provenance!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited as part of our Trafalgar tour of Ireland. It was a cooking class including soda bread, Guinness stew and apple berry crumble. We loved the demonstration and enjoyed the great lunch! Thanks for a fun event!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just had (a) Fresh Basil/Tomato Soup (wonderful, satisfying portion) and great homemade brown bread (b) Spiced Lamb Moroccan Pitta Bread, zingy Salsa & chunky chips (c) my partner had the soup & a Vegetarian Potato/Chickpea/Freshly made Curry. Glass of New Zealand wine, Bottle of Pelegrino sparkling water, a "to die for" Chocolate Brownie & 2 Coffees - all for the reasonable price of €50.50 (without service charge.) If Ireland had more eating establishments, such as "the Wooden Spoon" - then "The Gathering" would be in safe hands. Wonderful quick, friendly, efficient service. If only the connecting road from the Motorway to Killaloe was not so dreadful, it would be the way to Heaven !! And to think that, growing up I used to associate the "Wooden Spoon" with painful memories - NO LONGER ! Only Pleasure, from now on !

4  Thank droileen