“A must if in Killaloe”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Relaxing ambience with decor, colours, lighting, art and furniture all tuned. Simple freshly prepared food with pleasing attentive staff. Recommend the homeade lemonade and the wine list prices are IMHO quite reasonable.
Deserts ( on display) are to die for and its hard to make a choice, i am not a chocolate cake person as I find it heavy but i had the gluten free chocolate cake with toffee? as it visually appealed to me, it was delightfully light and fresh.The deserts are available to buy in the nearby bakery of the same name...dangerous!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Fantastic little restaurant with fantastic food. We called during the day and had light snacks but there seemed to be great variety. The cakes looked very very tempting. I will be back!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

wow!! what can i say other than that this place is such a hidden gem in Munster! my son and I travelled here 2 weeks ago and went to the bakery/ cafe section of the business... oh my goodness the cakes.. the food.. the decor I thought I had died and gone to foodie heaven. The waitress was lovely and was more than happy to accomodate us with our many questions even giving us directions to local places. Such a reasonable priced meal with great music and atmosphere. Came back again yesterday but to the restaurant section and had the same waitress again which made the trip even more worthwhile. their main meals are to die for full of flavour and with interesting twists! we will definitely be making the trip again to savour more of the beautiful food, atmosphere and staff!

1  Thank evieocall
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I really mean the above .I have to limit my visits to The Wooden Spoon or I might be a participant in one of those BIGGEST LOOSERS type of TV shows.The baking there is second to none...very very difficult to resist the chocolate brownies !! My grandchildren would walk over hot coals for the Rocky road.But The Wooden Spoon is not just about delicious sweet things .. the savouries are in a class of their own , the decor is eclectic in a really attractive way and the staff are relaxed friendly but also efficient. Need I say more ? Its just a great place and those of us who live in Killaloe know we are lucky to have it. By the way I am a blow in here ..moved here 7 years ago so this is unbiased ;-)

1  Thank rusticireland
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant for a snack or lunch.

The staff are very nice and add to the character of the place. The interior decor is bright and quirky. Most importantly the food is great. Very tasty and the menu is really strong with lots of interesting / very tasty options. They have a cakeshop on site as well which makes resisting desert a futile excercise.

It is a little out of the way if you don't know the locality but it is well worh the effort to find.

1  Thank Irish Rover4