“It used to be a really great place to eat.”

Goosers Bar & Eating House
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Killaloe
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I had fishcakes that were dry and far from freshly made. The chips were frozen. For the price of the food that drives me mad, €14 for main course. Long waiting times were always an issue , that's to be expected of course when its busy. We watched 2 separate parties cancel there order after waiting 40 mins-no exaggeration. The staff were very defensive and unapologetic. They were under pressure, fair enough but no need to take it out on customers.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My recent experience at Goosers in Killaloe was disappointing. I should preface my remarks by saying that I didn't have any problem with the staff and the view is really nice if you eat outside.

I ordered a burger which, at over €11, I felt was pricey but I figured that it would have to be good at the price. The burger was just about ok. It was served with frozen chips which were awful and a spoonful of coleslaw.

The meal was average and edible. €7 or €8 would have been a fair price. I don't particularly like fast food restaurants but any burgers that I've had in these establishments were far better than the one at Goosers.

1  Thank BronzeTank
Reviewed May 27, 2014

a beautiful restaurant in a lovely location, I was surprised with the huge menu selection was difficult to choose best meal in a long time

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I visited the Goosers on a recent trip to Killaloe. The food was great and value for money. I'm a coeliac and there is a good choice of dishes that are suitable. The staff were efficient and pleasant. There was a nice laid back atmosphere .I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

What more can you say about Goosers, my favourite spot in Ballina/Killaloe for lunch or dinner, on a nice day sit outside for a nice view of Killaloe and the mountains behind or on a winters day sit inside near the roaring fire and enjoy the Irish Stew... they need to bring back the Guinness Beef casserole it was the best !!!! Everything else on the menu is great