“best gammon in town”

Wood & Bell Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Killaloe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Formerly known as Wood Brothers Bistro, Wood & Bell exists as downstairs Café, Upstairs Restaurant and Back Room venue. The café is open 5 days a week from 9am to 4pm serving breakfast 'til 12 noon and lunch 'til 3.30pm Wed thru Friday. On Saturday and Sunday breakfast is served 'til 12 noon as normal but then Brunch is served 'til 3.30. Upstairs at Wood & Bell opened in December 2017 and has already received national attention. Dinner is served from 5.30 to last orders at 9.45pm from Wednesday thru Saturday. Both the Café and Restaurant are supplied by extensive gardens located directly behind the facility. These gardens overlook beautiful Lough Derg and the Shannon River which flows through the picturesque village of Killaloe. The Back Room of Wood & Bell is used as a venue for live music, debates, talks/lectures, arguments, dances, weddings and all sorts of get-togethers. Wood & Bell is proudly owned by former Irish rugby captain, Keith Wood and business partner Malcolm Bell.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Was travelling around the Clare area in search of some Gammon! I came across Wood Brothers Bistros which served Gammon! It was very nice Gammon. John And Brendan are the tennents and are lovely.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I have to say, I am a creature of habit and visit this lovely spot twice a week. I normally go for the Wood Brothers Curry or the Moroccan Chickpea Stew which burst with flavour. Today, I chanced the chowder on a recommendation. I have to say it was the best chowder I have ever had and yes I did have one in Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare. I would highly recommend this fantastic dish. You will not be disappointed! While I'm on this site I would also like to say that the serving staff are just wonderful, nothing is a problem and they are always smiling. Well done to the owners :)

2  Thank Ocdlimerick
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Our experience at Wood Brothers Bistro has ALWAYS been Top of the Town Top of the List of go to when in Killaloe! Staff friendly and Knowledgable. Home made goods, fresh every day. Sweets corner for all the Special Occasions and Celebrations. Genuine place run by Genuine People. Prices are right as well. Thank you Pat + Patty Mulcahy from America

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Seriously, my friend could not believe my recommendation for the seafood chowder. Until we had some today. It is packed full of delicious fish - prawns, salmon, smoked fish, white fish - easily a full size main course portion. Not full of heavy cream either, the waitress told us each order is freshly prepared ( and it did take 10 mins to serve us...). Lovely veg and stock, and a small amount of cream to finish it. It truly is a feast not to be missed. Served with gorgeous brown bread. Also had the homemade lemon meringue pie - so tangy, just perfect served with cream and ice cream and 2 spoons! The house wine is also great. A full afternoon of excellent food, drink and coffee for the price of a poor takeaway! Won't leave Killaloe without a visit here again....

1  Thank greatexperiences2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been here a few times. They have lexcellent breakfasts, hard to beat. Coffee not great though, otherwise they'd be getting 5 stars for the breakfast alone