“location location”

Flanagan's on the Lake
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Killaloe
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Youghal, Ireland
“location location”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stopped off recently at flanagans while waiting for a trip on the Shannon.This is a nice bar and restaurant with great views.Food was keenly priced and well presented.This Pub has the biggest selection of whiskies that i have seen.The owner informed me that it is the biggest collection of whisky in Munster,and I had no reason to doubt him.Cheese wrap and Fries on the side with salad cost around 7 euro fifty which represented good value.Coffee here is delicious although the cups are a bit small.

• Visited March 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I loved this restaurant situated on the lake with great views from the window. The food was gorgeous, I had the fish and chips which were outstanding and fresh. for dessert I had the sticky toffee pudding which I cannot even describe it was so good. Best dessert I have ever had. Staff are very friendly and chatty. Great experience here, came back a second time on my weekend visit to Killaloe. Definitely recommend it.

Visited February 2014
co limerick
“First class”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Couldn't fault this restaurant at all . Have been there on many occasions , fine food , reasonably priced and of course the setting , by the lake , first class.

• Visited October 2013
Wareham, United Kingdom
“Good food and good friendly service”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is located right on the edge of the lake in a great location. The bar is well stocked as you would expect and the menu has some great offerings. Our party of four all had a different main course and the presentation and taste of each dish was excellent, the chicken supreme was particularly good. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Super atmosphere and great food. Shame the smokers congregate just outside the restaurant window...”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We tried this place while we stayed overnight in Killaloe. As it was my birthday, we wanted something a little special but not overly stuffy. The place looked great inside and out and the bar and waiting staff were very firndly and professional. The bar looked fantastic with a huge dark wooden cabinet containing lots of different spirits - especially whiskies of the world. You can join a whiskey club for 50 Euros and taste 10 of these for free apparently. Some whiskeys should be over 25 Euros per shot!

... any-hoo, food: It was superb. I do however struggle with the fact wherever you go in Ireland the steak seems to be extortionately expensive. The average seems to be about 23 Euros for an 8oz rump... very steep. I opted for confit duck leg and my other half went for lamb shank. Both dishes were gorgeous and we only needed one course to feel stuffed!

It looks like they can cater for about 100, so I suspect when it is busy, it may not be quite the same experience. This relatively quiet Wednesday in December was however sublime.

In easy walking distance of the town centre and the hotel we stayed at (Lakeside Hotel and Spa), I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013