“Decent but expensive food with Poor unprofessional staff.”
Review of Kwam Suk - CLOSED

Kwam Suk
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: new oriental restaurant within the K Club Hotel.
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I was really looking forward to our meal at kwam suk to celebrate our friends wedding anniversary. However, it was quite disappointing. While the food was ok and what u would expect from a restaurant at the k club the service service was a total let down . While our Spanish female waitress was pleasant I doubt if she had received any training in customer service. This place could really do with a strong front of house member of staff. There was no welcome. No offering to take our jackets. Mine fell off the back of my chair during the meal and I got a tap on the shoulder from our waitress to tell me it was on the ground. Surely the sensible thing was to pick it up for me and take to the cloakroom. We basically had to be asked to be shown to our table as our waitress was lighting candles. To be honest judging by her reaction I felt she was surprised to see guests. On our visit there were only a few diners and the place really lacked atmosphere. With regard to prices we felt that it was really over priced. Definitely won't be back., sorry. I really wanted to like this place cause I love the k club and the surroundings.

5  Thank djking197575

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Decided to try Kwam Suk as we wanted a good chinese. The venue was very nice, pretty empty on the night. The food was really good very fresh. The problem is the price. The main course was around €20 excludeing rice which was €3.50. Having to pay extra for a small bowl of rice really annoyed me. Despite the tasty food I would not go back. In the current climate over priced food is not good enough.

4  Thank HenryGLeinster
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Quiet and peaceful surroundings and attentive staff set the tone of our recent visit. The meal worked out quite expensive but as a treat this venue is definitely one to keep in mind. Thai cuisine at its best and some 'irish style' desserts to finish off with. Our bill including 3 courses and a bottle of house wine came to €120 approx. I believe there is an early bird option available Mon through to Thurs and this would be a great alternative.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been here three times now and have enjoyed it very much. The food is great, it's really tasty and it tastes really fresh. The Nasi Goreng is lovely and there is a good choice on the menu. It never seems to be that busy and it really deserves to do well. It's not the cheapest but as it is on the grounds of the 5 star K Club that's probably to be expected. It's based in the Smurfit Club house and has lovely views over the golf course. It's really relaxing and the staff are great, very efficient and friendly. They also do take-aways which is always handy! This is a restaurant I can see myself going to time and time again.

1  Thank MaggieDublin