1,153 results
All reviews ryder cup golf course thai restaurant drawing room legends restaurant star hotel beautiful hotel play golf the main hotel arnold palmer christmas tree driving range afternoon tea beautiful room beautiful grounds fly fishing top class
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at while attending a wedding at Barberstown Castle. We booked a ride from the airport through the hotel. The driver was waiting for us, helped with the luggage and got us right to the hotel. The property is massive and we'll kept. We walked the grounds and had lunch while waiting for our room. The staff was professional and allowed us charge food and to our room before we had a room which was great as the jet lag was kicking in. We had requested a refrigerator for our room prior to arrival. When it wasn't there we contacted the desk and 1 was provided within 15 minutes. I booked a round of golf on the Smurfit Course for 730 on Saturday morning. The staff at the course was ready as I was 1st out. The course was in great shape and I was able to play in less than 3 hours! We had full Irish breakfast in our room both mornings excellent both days. Overall the level of service and attention to detail was outstanding. We travel to Ireland quite frequently and I would say the K Club is one the premier properties in the country and I look forward to staying there again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TheKClub, Manager at The K Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2016

Dear Michael T

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here The K Club. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service that our staff here provided you and that you found us to be professional and that our attention to detail to exceed your expectations.

I hope that we get to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Overall, we had a nice experience at the K Club. The bar and restaurant were lovely and we had a nice day of golfing the Palmer Course. However, we did not have a great experience with our hotel room.

We were visiting during a warm spell for the area. The hotel put us in a third floor room with no ventilation. No fan. No cross breeze and small windows. When we asked for a fan, they said they would bring one up although, as it turned out, there actually were no fans. The hotel eventually accommodated us by moving us to a room on a lower floor and with large windows that were able to adequately cool off the room. I met another guest who had the same issue. I understand that hotels put people in rooms based on rate, occupancy, etc., but I it is highly unacceptable to me to put guests in uncomfortable rooms when better rooms are available.

Given the type of property this is, I would expect that they plan for these type of circumstances and take care of their guests. We were disappointed to say the least.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank chiohoo
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Dear chiohoo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience following your recent visit.

Needless to say we are all disappointed to read your comments and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I hope you will accept my unreserved apology for failing to deliver, which is so important in any guests’ stay. We as a team take great pride in the personal, genuine nature of our service and our ability to positively engage and connect with our customers and we clearly failed to do so with your stay.

Despite our team here being bitterly disappointed we appreciate your feedback, and we have and will continue to learn from what our guests tell us and will use their feedback constructively to continually improve.

The Property has invested heavily in adding air conditioning in our suites and Liffey Deluxe rooms, so we are now able to deal with all eventualities

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and I hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to serve you better at a future date.

Regards

Reviewed August 17, 2016

When I told family and friends that I would be attending the wedding of a friend at the K club they told me I was in for an experience of a lifetime. We had booked in for 2 nights. My husband and I have travelled a lot and have stayed in some amazing hotels We certainly had a 5 star wedding experience.
However I was extremely disappointed with the room we stayed in. 2nd floor room 48 It was dark, dated and very hot with one little window allowing little airflow. The carpet was stained in several places. There was no fridge in the room and the unit where the fridge should have been the door was hanging off. I did report this to reception and was informed if I needed to store anything in the fridge I could bring it to reception and they would store it for me. (All though helpful not really convenient).The bathroom was bright but the shower had no cold water. On the morning we were due to check out two house keeping staff knocked on the door on two separate occasions and one of the house keeping staff walked into the room before we had a chance to answer the knock .Fortunately we were both appropriately dressed !!!

With all this said I could highly recommend this venue Its grounds are well maintained and the staff are very professional. I just didn't get the 5 star room experience

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 202travel
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

We had 4 nights in mid August at The K Club. The staff were very good indeed especially Kate on the front desk on checking in and during our stay and Ho from concierge when we were checking out. Room was spacious and well appointed, the bed was probably a little harder than we are used to. The grounds and golf courses were, as you would expect, of the highest standard. Probably the main area for improvement was the food, which was ok but not at the same standard as the rest of the property. The first night the salad was poor but when pointed out to the staff it was rectified immediately. Room service was also just ok. We found the staff at breakfast to be very good and helpful but appeared to be under time pressure as there was a constant stream of weddings (what a beautiful location). That said a very nice place to stay and very convenient to Dublin and many local attractions.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to read that our staff exceeded your expectations. I am delighted to pass your kind comments on to Kate and I know she will be delighted to read that she made such an impression as will Ho.

We take on board your points that you mention on the service elements. We as a team will work on this to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

We got married in the kclub at the end of last year and we couldn't have been happier with the whole experience.
We looked at a lot of different venues but the KClubs beautiful old country house reception rooms,matched with the recently renovated function room won us over straight away. As did the romantic fairy lit bridge walk between the two.
The beautiful mature grounds that surround the hotel left us with the most idyllic photographs. The option was also available to have photos taken at the fabulous manicured gardens.
Our wonderful wedding coordinator Susie Hopkins made the whole experience so easy. No request was too big or too small, she offered invaluable advice and really made us feel that the day was in safe hands!
I couldn't recommend this venue more!

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank CDtravel21

Dear CiDevane

Many thanks for taking the time to review your special day with us here at The K Club. It is always a pleasure to read our couples couldn't of been happier with their experience. Our staff work extremely hard to make sure that your day is made special.

I am delighted to be able to pass on your kind words to Susie. She will be so happy in hearing how much you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope that we get to welcome you back again soon.