“Lovely location for Halloween break”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The K Club

The K Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Straffan
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Lovely location for Halloween break”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a really enjoyable 2 night break over Halloween with the kids (aged 4, 8 & 12) in the K Club. They absolutely *loved* the kids club which was excellent in every way - which gave us plenty of time to enjoy the grounds and the property itself. The accommodation, staff and overall experience were five star. Of particular note are the reception staff who are exceptionally warm, welcoming and friendly.

The only slight blot on the copybook was that breakfast was not up to the standard of the rest of the experience. They have a menu from which you can order things like Eggs Benedict but they don't willingly offer it to you.... and when I asked for it, I had the distinct sense that I was being awkward. I tried to think of another experience where a restaurant has a menu that you have to explicitly ask for but I couldn't!

However, this was a pretty minor point - we had a lovely time and will certainly return and I'd happily recommend it to friends and family without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear MMcGrath

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here. I am please to hear that you found our staff warm and friendly and are delighted that you children enjoyed the stay as much as you did.

I have passed on your comments on to the Restaurant and we can work on them.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Ballywalter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The K club hotel is superb, on arrival we were dealt with very quickly by super friendly staff, we had dinner in the River room and the food was excellent,
Breakfast is nothing short of fantastic, the food is really very very good and the staff are extremely attentive.
The spa is clean and modern , and the pool is much warmer than most. The Jacuzzi is great too, the only down side was the outdoor Hot tub was out of order when we were there.
The grounds are fantastic , and while golf isn't my thing , the walks available are super !,
Will definitely be back and would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Simon M

Many thanks for taking the time to review us her at The K Club. It is always a pleasure to hear that people enjoyed their stay as much as you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Hotel Manager
Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited the K Club for my Father's 65th Birthday, there were 10 adults and 2 children in the group. Nothing is two much trouble for the staff at this hotel. I was concerned taking children to such a luxury hotel as I felt that that a seven year old and 3 year old would not really be appreciated!!!. How wrong the kids were given gift bags on arrival, we went to the pool and when we arrived back there was chocolate cookies and juice left out for them on a table in our "suite". The kids had little camp beds which were so cute and I think it made it more fun for them than putting them in big beds. We had dinner in the River Room Restaurant it was beautiful. The food was amazing (we had the dinner menu at 63 Euro) every dish was amazing. I actually think 63 Euro was very good value for the meal because the labour that goes into each dish would be immense. They also have a kids menu which was very suitable. As each course arrived the food looked so nice you nearly didn't want to touch it. We were given a private area of the dining room which was again brilliant for a family party. Breakfast was also lovely again in this private dining room off the river room restaurant. The pool was great and the kids loved it. I liked how there is restricted times for the children (10-12 and 2 -4) as I think this allows others who don't have kids to use the pool in peace. The grounds are fabulous. All and all a fabulous hotel with great staff. Came home on Sunday evening and I watched Downton Abbey and said to my husband that was us last night and I wished it could be us every night!. I have stated the value as excellent because we did get an offer on the hotel for this trip which did make it excellent value.

Room Tip: I don't really think they have bad rooms. We were very lucky to get the High Kings Suite, I thin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear ThereseFarthing

Thank you so much for your glowing review of The K Club. It is a pleasure to hear how both you and your family enjoyed your stay so much. It was a pleasure looking after your special occasion. Kids are of course most welcome here. I'm delighted that you found the River Room to your satisfaction and were comfortable in The Pantheon Suite.

I hope that it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The K club is a magnificent building set in beautiful grounds - particularly good for golfers as a golf course surrounds the property. The service was first rate, staff always on hand and nothing was too much trouble. My room was spacious as was the bathroom and though at first glance nicely furnished there were some little points that could have been better given the price. The sinks and bath had a fair amount of limescale around all the plug holes and taps and the paintwork in the bathroom was a bit tired. The hot water was plentiful and the bath huge and filled quickly which was brilliant and very relaxing. There is tea and coffee in the room, TV, hairdryer and shampoo and stuff in the bathroom... all very handy. The bed only had one blanket and I was a bit cold....
Eating in the dining room was great, the beef was exceptional and wine choice very good. I spent two nights here as I attended a wedding and it was a fabulous wedding. As I said the staff could not have been more helpful, at reception, concierge, at the wedding venue in the grounds so I absolutely could not fault this.
There is a Spa and I booked a massage which was very good but very pricey.... too much really for 55 minutes at 140 euros.
I would definitely go back on a very special occasion but it was too expensive for anything else. If money is no object I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view and are quiet so it depends on how much you want to spend
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sophie S

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is greatly appreciated. I have taken your points on board in relation to the bathroom and this is something we will work on. I'm delighted that you found the staff helpful during your stay and that you got to enjoy the hotel and grounds on the second night after the wedding and that you got to experience The K Spa also.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Below is a copy of an email I sent to the manager at the K Club. It says exactly what we experienced as a family and friends group of 20 people. We played golf in the morning on the Ryder cup course, followed by a family meal in a private room in the Legends restaurant. The friends ordered a meal in the clubhouse separately.

This is just a brief note of thanks to you for your help in organising our day in the K Club on a Friday in October 2013.
It went extremely well and without any hitches whatsoever. Your staff in the Pro shop, clubhouse, course and in the Legends restaurant were most courteous and helpful and made everybody feel at ease. These remarks were made by both our Canadian and Irish guests.
The quality of the food and service for both the guests who ordered in the clubhouse, and the private family meal, was highly commendable.
I would be grateful if you could pass on these words to your staff.
They were great ambassadors for both the club and the country.

AFC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear AFC410

Thank you for your kind words and email in relation to you recent visit to us here.

Thank you for your warm and positive feedback which I have shared with all the team here. It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of them strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

I hope to welcome you back to The K Club again in the near future.

Killyleagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a proper country club feel to it. A big formal house surrounded by an impressive golf club. Our room was just fantastic. The staff were very warm and friendly. We were there on a deal which included €60 off your dinner. My advice would be just eat in the bar. Even with the voucher your bill will come to over €100.
Breakfast was slow and not what I would have expected from a hotel of this calibre.
At the end of our break I didn't want to go. Now that says more than any stars a hotel has on it's listing.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Holly P

Many thanks for taking the time to post here on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff warm and friendly. We strive to achieve this.

I am disappointed to hear that you didn't find our breakfast up to your standards. I will bring this up with the breakfast staff. I would hope that this didn't detract from your overall stay.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The K-Club,
Where does one start with all the compliments surrounding the staff and this gorgeous 5 Star hotel.I would like to say its the nicest hotel in Ireland that i have stayed in so far.I proposed here at the K-Club, i had told the receptionist (Sinead) that i was going to the garden to pop the question and she could not have been more helpfull.
We started the day with afternoon tea,I would highly recommend this.We used the leisure centre and hot tub and were very impressed.The food is exceptional and well worth the money .A big thanks also to Luke and to all the staff that made our stay most enjoyable.Thanks also to the the chef for the gorgeous dessert.
Eamonn+Niamh

Room Tip: Corner suites are excellent with lovely views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eamonn36
TheKClub, General Manager at The K Club, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Eamonn36

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in the K Club, and that it was made more memorable with your engagement.

I am happy to be able to pass on your thanks to Luke and the chef.

I hope to welcome you back to the K Club again soon.

Audrey Brophy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Straffan
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 5 in Naas
Barberstown Castle
Barberstown Castle
#2 of 2 in Straffan

Been to The K Club? Share your experiences!