Stayed during Halloween half term with my husband and two children for two nights. Absolutely overwhelmed by the grounds as soon as we entered the gates from the main road. The hotel is beautiful and the interiors stay true to the style of the building. The staff were outstanding, polite and helpful. The hotel and room felt incredible tranquil and it was only at breakfast that we realised that the hotel must be near to full. We stayed on the bottom floor with the two children in the adjacent room. Each had a wonderful private terrace over looking one of the holes on the golf coarse (my husband most impressed). My husband and 13 year old son played a round on each of the golf courses and thought they were both fantastic and that the pro that they dealt with was very friendly and helpful. We dinned in the drawing room for lunch and one of the golf clubs for the first evening both lovely. On the second night myself and my husband had dinner in the main restaurant (included in the package) while the children had room service. My husband was very impressed with his meal but sadly I was not well and was unable to eat most of my main course. The restaurant staff wanted to take it off the bill but I explained that it was part of the package and anyway not their fault as I was feeling unwell (nothing to do with the food). They insisted on doing something to compensate and sent up some beautiful handmade chocolates to my childrens' room which they absolutely loved. I really felt this was a truly unnecessary but lovely gesture and so did my children! I cannot wait to return to the K club in the near future and know it shouldn't be too difficult to convince my husband and children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The K Club, Ireland's First AA 5 Red Star Hotel, is located in the heart of the idyllic Irish countryside on the banks of the River Liffey in Straffan, Co.Kildare This long standing member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts offers the very best of pampering, leisure and golf facilities and is only 30 minutes from Dublin. Built in 1832, on the banks of the River Liffey, the original house was modelled on a French Chateau and still retains many of its original architectural features, art work and antiques. It opened as a luxury hotel in 1991 and was Ireland's first AA Five Red Star Property. To this day it continues to deliver the very highest levels of service and standards in terms of its food and beverage offerings, golf, leisure and spa treatments. The mature estate covers an impressive 550 acres and also features a stunning Victorian walled garden and fishing on the River Liffey which runs through the resort. The resident ghillees offer fly fishing on the river and horse riding and clay pigeon shooting are also available along with a range of different country pursuits. The K Club is home to two Championship Golf Courses- The Palmer Ryder Cup Course and the Palmer Designed Smurfit Course. Hailed among the world's finest golf resorts, The K Club was the chosen venue for the 2006 Ryder Cup and host to the European Open from 1995 to 2007. The K Spa, at The K Club, offers a wide variety of treatments for both men and women. The K Spa is an oasis of calm. The minimalist and contemporary decor sets the scene for pure indulgence and mind and body relaxation. The K Spa also features a secluded outdoor hot tub, aromatic herb garden, seven luxurious treatment rooms, two private suites, a Hamam, a Hydrobath, a Vichey Shower and an exotic Rasul Chamber. One of the spa products used at the spa includes, Voya which is made from organically certified seaweed, hand picked from the west coast of Ireland. A range of award winning dining facilities are available to choose from and include both fine dining and informal options. Our Accommodation is sumptuous and truly luxurious, each bedroom has been individually designed, no two rooms are alike and feature original paintings and antiques, meanwhile the bathrooms incorporate hand painted murals. Culture enthusiasts can enjoy regular art talks and tours of The K Clubs extensive private art and antiques collection with the resident art expert. The K Club is home to many important Irish works and even has a room dedicated to the Irish Expressionist painter, J. B Yeats. The Yeats Room features many of Yeats' important paintings and is a riot of colour and texture. Wine cellar tours are also available with our resident sommelier. Families are well catered for and children will love the kids club which offers arts and crafts, nature walks and games. Children will also enjoy using the swimming pool and junior golf clinics which run during the summer. A baby sitting service is also available upon request. The K Club is the ideal country venue for business and leisure travellers, families, weddings and honey mooners, incentive groups, executive retreats and of course, golfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The K Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The k Club Hotel Straffan
- k Hotel Straffan
- The K Club Ireland/Straffan