“superb cuisine”
Review of Yellow Pepper

Yellow Pepper
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: THE YELLOW PEPPER ENJOYS THE ULTIMATE CUSTOMERS APPROVAL ITS ALWAYS BUSY. THE RESTAURNT WAS REFURBISHED in 2009 AFTER A REALLY BAD FIRE. IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN STREET CLOSE TO MANY BARS.THE FOOD IS CONTEMPERY WITH A GREAT EMPHAISE ON LOCAL PRODUCE FROM THE OWNERS GARDEN.
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Dear all,
now being back again in Germany and somewhat 1300 km away from you I will take the opportunity to give you a short feedback from our stay last Saturday at your restaurant. We came in on a roundtrip with our motorbike all around Ireland and that was the last evening before going back to Dublin. Not knowing much about Letterkenny we decided to walk around Main St and discovered your restaurant more or less by chance. We decided to step into, and, even due to that very busy Saturday’s evening, had to wait a little bit for a table.
Our waiting time was more than perfectly compensated by an excellent and tasteful meal we never had expected! I have travelled a lot all around and visited hundreds of restaurants all over the world, but your cuisine is great and ranking in the upper parts of my personal gourmet list! Perfect cooked fish arranged on rice and crowned with a safran containing spicy sauce was a superb menue! And also my accompanying friend shared my enthusiasm.
So let me thank you for this culinary experience we had and forward my thanks also to your cooks and all of your very friendly staff! When some days I will come back to Letterkenny or that region I will try hard to come back to your restaurant!

4  Thank harleydoc

Reviewed May 27, 2008

My boyfriend & I ate in the Yellow Pepper on Valentines weekend 2008. The food & wine was delicious. Our waitress couldn't have been nicer. Would definately go back.

Reviewed May 23, 2008

A friend and I went to the yellow pepper yesterday lunchtime and we were surprised and disappointed by the place. The seating was absolutely filthy and when we asked for a carafe of water, the carafe was chipped - big style. We ordered our meal - Chicken sweet chilli and a house burger. I'm pleased to say that the food was absolutely delicious and we can recommend these two meals above. However, we found that the drinking glasses were also quite filthy. And when asked for a replacement, they others were filthy also. I even had the misfortune of seeing the rim of the glass, plastered with some lipstick. Also the toilets consist of one - that is one toilet! It's a walk in reverse out scenario and surely questions the hygiene of the restaurant and also the poor soul who uses the toilet after you! Whilst the food was excellent, and the staff 'just okay', I very much doubt that I will be visiting the Yellow Pepper again.

1  Thank aravensis