“Good value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellow Pepper

Yellow Pepper
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish, European, British, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THE YELLOW PEPPER ENJOYS THE ULTIMATE CUSTOMERS APPROVAL ITS ALWAYS BUSY. THE RESTAURNT WAS REFURBISHED in 2009 AFTER A REALLY BAD FIRE. IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN STREET CLOSE TO MANY BARS.THE FOOD IS CONTEMPERY WITH A GREAT EMPHAISE ON LOCAL PRODUCE FROM THE OWNERS GARDEN.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I had the early bird 2 course menu, it was very tasty and filling, lots of interesting choices

• Visited September 2011

• Polish first
ulster
“poor effort”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went to this restaurant after work recently with our children. They had an early bird menu that runs until 7pm. It advertised a starter and main or main and dessert for €16.95 and a chidrens starter for€ 3.95 and childrens main for €5.95.

My wife ordered the soup for starters and my daughter ordered the soup from the childrens menu. My son ordered the garlic bread and I ordered the mussels in garlic sauce that were fine. All was well at this point. Our daughters soup was the same size as my wifes serving minus one slice of wheaten bread.Our sons garlic bread was o.k.

Then came our main course. Our children ordered chicken nuggets and chips, my wife ordered a chicken curry and half rice half chips and I ordered a Greencastle cod and chips. What a disappointment.

Our childrens nuggets were of a very poor standard and the chips were of the frozen variety. My wifes curry seemed O.K but they were not very generous with the serving. and my Greencastle Cod looked like half of it got away. I mean that it looked like they got two servings out of a single cod fillet.! It was the narrowest cod fillet that was ever served to me. What was worse was that they seemed to fancy up my plate with sun dried tomatoes,lettuce and a pesto sauce that tainted the whole plate.. I am still trying to figure out why you would put this on a plate of fish and chips. My chips were the same standard as our childrens. I thought that I would have got a better one in a local chippy for a lot less than what I was paying.

After finishing our meal we were going to get desserts. We noticed that our son had not eaten any of his and on asking him why he was not eating his dinner he replied that there was a dead fly on his plate and he did not feel hungry any more. We told him that he did not have to eat it and that it was alright not to eat it.

When our server came around to ask if everything was fine we informed her of our sons fly issue.She said she would inform the chef. She did this part promptly. She came back to us as we were leaving and said that the chef sends his apologies. That was all we were to get.

We paid the full price with no offer of taking the price of our sons inedible meal off the bill.
I do not think that we will be back any time soon. The only reason I did not rate it terrible was that the guy at the till offered our children a lolly pop as we were leaving which the children thought were great

This establishment clearly does not have a complaints policy in operation. We hope that the management can learn from this review.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lappers1
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

very clean, greeted upon arrival, very pleasant staff, excellent food prepared just right!!!!
will definitely be back

• Visited August 2011
County Donegal, Ireland
“Great Food....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ive ate here a few times, and each time its better than the last...
would recommend to a friend...

• Visited July 2011
fourstones
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

restaurant was very busy, but a seat was soon found for us,
service was very efficient by very pleasant and helpful staff,
atmosphere was excellent
the food was the best we have had
there was nothing to dislike about the whole experience

• Visited August 2011