“A good place to stay”

Pearse Road Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 27 Letterkenny B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The rooms are nicely arranged, very clean and in a good shape. The staff is a bit reserved but very helpful and friendly. Even though there is no kettle in the room you are free to use the one in the kitchen all day. The breakfast accompanied by music is tasty and you can also get a vegi version of the traditional irish breakfast.
Walking distance to busstation (max. 10 min), town center and shopping area(max. 5 min). Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pearse Road Guesthouse

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was a bit sceptical of staying here after reading some negative reviews, but I was travelling alone, it was for one night only, and the price was right. There was space around the back to park up my motorbike out of sight, the main street in Letterkenny is just around the corner and there are a few decent bars close by. The room itself was clean and tidy, and the shower was hot and powerful enough. Breakfast in the morning was great, lots of coffee and juices, cereals, and a big freshly made full irish fry. Left there thinking I got great service and value for money

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Was greeted by a fellow called Rory - lovely chap! He was courteous and friendly, showing my partner and I to a huge ensuite room with an incredibly comfortable double bed, a flatscreen tv, and everything else you could wish for in a lovely guest house (including my favourite brand of TEA!) Breakfast with Margaret (the owner) was a hoot. She's some woman!
We were also introduced to a young woman with red hair...cant remember her name, but she was extremely helpful to my partner and I.
We were so happy with the welcome from the staff, and the location of the guesthouse, that we decided to return to this idyllic house again next year (fingers crossed) to see more of what letterkenny has to offer us!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mellowinmycello
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good breakfast! Service could have been a bit warmer, but it wasn't at all unfriendly. The room was in good shape, clean, as was the bathroom. We were allowed to go into the kitchen at any time to make tea, etc. Centrally located.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LondonLeyla
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is a lovely B&B that is very central to the town cntr. It has a large car park so you can park your car and walk up to the main st. in a few mins. This is not a traditional Irish B&B as it is not in a private residence, it is is more loike a 3* hotel. The bed rooms are modern and always clean and warm. I stay there approx. 2/3 times a month and have been doing so for the last 8 years or so. So I've been there approx. 200 times and I cannot say I've ever been disappointed with my stay. I think this is a great value Guest house in a lovely part of Ireland.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Peada
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This place is nice, literally only a few mins from town and room is spacious and very clean. The only fault was breakfast was only "ok" but everything else perfect

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ElleBi
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I had booked this B and B the day of arrival. I had drove 4 hours to Letterkenny to attend a funeral the following day. On arrival there was no sign of anyone in the B and B. I rang the bell and rang the B and B to no avail. I was travelling alone. After waiting for 20 mins I decided I would go get something to eat. I returned a half an hour later. I rang the bell again and telephoned the B and B still no answer. About 10 mins later the landlady opened the door. I mentioned that I had been there an hour before. She did not apologise or give a real explanation. I decided I would not stay and booked into a nice B and B up the road. I think it was an absolute disgrace the way in which I received no apology and definitely would not recommend this B and B to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo