“Recomended letterkenny Hotel”

Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good hotel, on the towns' main street with parking. The price we paid included a really good Irish breakfast. The restaurant in the evening were very helpful and were prepared to serve half portions of meals. Would definitely stay there again.
Reception staff very friendly and helped us out with directions.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear John C,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and particularly the hospitality and welcome from our team. I hope you will be back in Gallagher Hotel soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I arrived at this hotel on a Friday evening with another 2 friends. The hotel was easy to find and there was lots of car parking at back of hotel. The foyer was modern and clean and the staff on the desk where very friendly and helpful. The rooms themselves are basic and clean but walls are very thin. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant the food was do tasty the breakfast the next morning was fresh and great selection. The hotel us is central walking distance to shops and bars were right on the doorstep. The staff in this hotel where friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely will be back to this hotel in the future :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear MT161168,

Thank you for your great recent review. I'm really enjoyed reading your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

stayed for 2 nights as part of a hen party.Hotel were not very accommodating to ladies we had booked for massages,make up and hair stylist this all had to be done in our bedrooms.Meal in restaurant 1st night was reasonable but very long wait for meals there may have been 13 of us but they were not busy.Breakfast was buffet style and no problems there.2nd night was a nightmare with drunken stag party running riot on 1st floor,many of our party feeling very vunerable.The manager on duty was very helpful with the situation but with security on duty this may be a normal situation.Probably would not return for a weekend break as this may be "party hotel"

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank happytraveller1963

Dear Happytraveller1963,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on your stay in Letterkenny. As you correctly point out, we employ a team of security at weekend to ensure the safety of all our guests and we endeavour to ensure that each guest is able to avail of a great nights sleep. Letterkenny is a great destination to visit and is very popular at weekends for some groups who wish to enjoy the nightlife on offer. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and I can welcome you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Myself and 4 friends stayed for the weekend on 31st Jan until 2 feb on arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who was extremely friendly and chatted away to us she also recommended a few places to visit, one of our rooms was upgraded to a suite as we were celebrating a 30th birthday, we had a package which included breakfast and an evening meal which was delicious and again the waiter who served us couldn't have been nicer, the rooms were spotless and the location is central, couldn't fault this hotel at all and the staff are the friendliest staff I've ever encountered! Was a pleasure to stay in this hotel and will certainly be back. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank mojo19840

Dear Mojo19840,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm really delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Gallaghers Hotel. We take great pride in our customer service and it's great when this has been recognised in a review. Thank you again for taking the time to write such great feedback - I'll be sure to share it with the team! I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed for 1 night in December,Hotel is bigger than it looks and it has corridors that seem to go on for ages! It's a decent enough hotel right in the town centre with pubs,clubs and restruants near by. Bed was comfortable,good size room and bathroom. This is a good budget hotel that will not break the bank, good buffet breakfast to start you on your way in the morning! Plenty of parking underground and nearby.

Room Tip: No winners or losers here!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Avail,

Thank you for your comments. I hope you will be back in Letterkenny soon and I can welcome you back to Gallaghers Hotel.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here mid-week and I got a great deal on a room here! The hotel is located right in the middle of town (although, if you are following a GPS system, be careful as we put in the address of the hotel as listed on the website, and the GPS took us down to the other end of the street). The rooms were a decent size, they were very clean, and the beds were super comfy! Also, I think this is one of the quietest hotels I've ever been in--I slept like a baby. There were down comforters on the bed which were really warm and comfy! The bathrooms were very clean, the shower and water pressure was strong! Also, there is central heating in the room, so you can control your own heat--no radiators here! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The only two downsides: the parking garage entrance is really hard to find and it isn't marked well. Also, there aren't a lot of parking spaces down there and the spaces are small--as another reviewer put it--parking is tricky so just be careful with your car and watch your mirrors. Also, the internet up in my room was not free to use and the staff member who checked us in didn't mention anything about a code--perhaps one is provided if you ask, but since I have my own internet connection, I didn't inquire. Otherwise, I was really happy with our stay and felt I got very good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank greyhoundymom

Dear greyhoundmom,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Gallaghers Hotel. We have taken on board your feedback regarding the complimentary carpark and are investigating options for new signage. Wi-fi is provided FREE to all our guests, however there is a code required to access which is available from reception, please accept my apologies if this was not explained to you at check in. I was really pleased to read about how comfortable and cozy you found our beds, I hope you will be back soon to get another greats nights sleep.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My self and my boyfriend poked to stay in this hotel for one night on the 14th of December 2013, our package was dinner B&B. we landed checked in booked our dinner reservation and went shopping, came back to our hotel room and got showered and went for our meal and hit the town for a few low key drinks!! My boyfriend turned on the bed side light and got into bed,I tuck off my make up got into bed, when I woke the next morning I noticed blood on my sheets and asked my boyfriend did he cut him self he said NO, I pulled down the blankets to my horror the bed was absolutely covered in some one ELSES blood!!!!! I want to add I was not on my menstrual cycle and have medical proof of this! I went to reception and there was no manager to deal with the matter and they took number , I never heard from anyone and on the Tuesday after I rang the hotel and the manager was to ring me but it's nearly a month later and no one has contacted me about the matter they informed me that the cleaning was sub let to a cleaning company and it was not there flat!!
I would definately not recommend

Room Tip: Check the sheets before you
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gmg2014

There is no truth to this review as has been pointed out in numerous phone calls between the hotel and the reviewer. As can be seen in numerous other reviews on this and other review sites, Gallaghers Hotel is renowned for its attention to detail and focus on cleanliness. There are numerous layers of checks to ensure that what is alleged in this review could never happen. This review has been reported to Tripadvisor as fraudulent.

Regards,