“Fantastic”

Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a group. Hotel was brilliant, quick easy check in and friendly staff. We had food in the restaurant and it was fantastic, every one of the 6 in our group loved everything they had. The rooms were extremely spacious and clean, we booked a double room and got a room with a double & single bed. The only thing that was annoying was trying to navigate the hotel, as it's on a very steep hill there was a lot of chopping and changing with lifts & stairs. It wasn't a major problem and it was only because we were on the third floor. The location was also fantastic, walking distance from everything. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Letterkenny and if I ever return I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cjay05
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear CJay05,

Thank you for your kind comments about the recent stay in Letterkenny at Gallaghers Hotel. I have shared your comments with my food and beverage team as it always encouraging to see their hard work recognised. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just back from weekend in letterkenny stayed in Gallaghers hotel checked in with a lovely girl at reception desk then went to the room. Was fine room was clean and spacious, We went down town to a bar for our tea it was lovely. The following evening we went down to the restaurant which we had booked as well in the hotel. We were both dressed very well we were put into some kind of room that was stinking and not a restaurant. I couldnt believe we were dumped into this room we left and went over to the reception desk and told this receptionist that didnt try and accomadate us we said this is not what we paid for we asked for a meal in a restaurant and she said oh it must be all booked up( who were we just people off the street) we had booked that 3 months in advance disgrace i was so mad .a manager came running over saying oh ill bring you upstairs at the beginning the waitress was fine but she quicky changed her tone so rude. We ordered steak and chips and it literally was steak with chips no salad no sides and also it was cold i think the chips eventually came ten mins later after sauce was sitting there cold .We asked for the bill and she rudely stood over us while we looked at it.She just was so rude and she taught we had no idea. And i would'nt have given that food to my dogs. We compained to receptionist the next morning and she just kept saying there was no manager available surely theres someone else in charge when the managers off. We werent treated like quests just like nobody's we will never go to this hotel again the service was the worst we ever experenced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aine M

Dear Aine M,

Thank you for your recent feedback from your stay in Gallaghers Hotel. It is always good to receive constructive feedback as it allows us to highlight areas in which we can continue to improve. Since reading your comments, my team and I have reviewed the process of serving our guests during periods of high demand and have retrained the staff to ensure that customer satisfaction remains paramount. I'm sorry you were disappointed by your stay, however I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and I can welcome you back to Donegal and Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

59 euro for a double room with no breakfast (OUR Choice), great deal for a friday night in Letterkenny town centre. We will def b back.The secure car parking was a bonus too. My room was great - 218 with modern decor and well stocked toiletries in the clean bathroom. We had a good night's rest in the comfy bed. We would certainly stay in this hotel again if I was visiting letterkenny.

Room Tip: smoking or non...yr choice
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missdock_1

Dear missdock_1

Thank you for your recent review of your stay in Gallaghers Hotel. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed our great value for money offers which are available at the minute on our website. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and I can welcome you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went to this hotel for a weekend break with another couple all in all we had a great stay . The reception staff were very friendly and explained everything they needed to we were allocated room 201 which was adequate for our stay clean bed and very comfy ,bathroom had everything we needed, we had a meal in the hotel as part of our deal food was of a good standard and very tasty would certainly stay in this hotel again if I was visiting letterkenny .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian R

Dear Ian R,

Thank you for your great review of Gallaghers Hotel. I always enjoy reading such glowing feedback and I know the team enjoy seeing their hard work recognised. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am just home from a lovely stay in Gallagher's Hotel in Letterkenny. This was my first visit to the town & I was met by a friendly reception staff who were able to proved a great recommendation for where to eat and what to do during my stay. The secure car parking was a bonus too.

My room was great with modern decor and well stocked toiletries in the clean bathroom.

After a good night's rest in the comfy bed I enjoyed my breakfast - everything was fresh and tasty & nice to see the general manager walking about and talking with the guests. This was a nice touch.

I didn't experience anything I have read in the previous reviews - on the contrary this was a relaxed stay in a friendly, welcoming & modern hotel. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SadieT,

Thank you for your recent glowing review of your stay in Gallaghers Hotel during the Bank Holiday weekend. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and your first visit to Letterkenny. I hope you will be back in Donegal soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gallaghers Hotel soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I feel like I'm sitting on rocks here as I type this. The chairs need to be replaced or redone. I requested a non smoking room on the upper floor. The room is not on an upper floor.It is right off an alley with a lot of noise. I checked in and rather then tell me at the time how to use the wifi I had to go back to the reception and get instructions for bit buzz. I don't think I'll come back. No pool or fitness centre.

Room Tip: Go some where else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Boccigallupo,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I'm sorry you didn't like the feel of our seats. You were accommodated in an upper floor of the hotel, however as the hotel is built on the side of a hill, the rooms at the rear are nearer the ground. I'm sorry you were disappointed that we don't have a pool or fitness centre however we do not advertise that we have these facilities anywhere! I hope you will be back in Letterkenny soon and will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in August with my family for three nights. First impressions were good but that quickly changed after meeting the staff at the front desk. the girl at reception did not welcome us at all and seemed quite eager to push us along. we have two small children aged 4 and 6..the youngest said hello to the receptionist who in turn totally blanked her! Friendliness scored a zero right there and then! we were happy with the rooms spacious wise but were disappointed in the lack of towels and toiletries supplied for a family. Cleaners never left new toilet rolls either. Location is good as in its central but our room overlooked a side street where young clubbers decided to start fighting and swearing outside our room waking our children up. My husband rang down to the night porter but he said they were not guests so if we had a problem we should ring the guards ourselves. I will definately not return to this hotel and would warn all parents with families to avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank holly824

Dear holly824,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay in Gallaghers Hotel. I'm really disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay, particularly that you felt my team were not friendly as this is something for which we are renowned. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show you the genuine hospitality and warm welcome that is highlighted in so many other reviews on this site.