“Don' t appreciate their customers you may not get your drinks in bars”

Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Gallagher's Hotel two weeks ago as we have done so for the last four years, two and sometimes three time and year and meet up with people we know in Donegal. Gallagher's has alway been great and my husband in joys his wee pint and the weekend off.but this time it was different, when we had cheeked in we went to the Bar of a drink my husband orded a pint of Carlsberg and a glass of Budweiser for myself to be told sorry we don't sell Carlsberg or
Budweiser any more and tried to push something else on to us, we just went back up a the room as my husband did'nt like to be told what to drink. later on that night our friends meat up with us in the Bar they could'nt get smithwick's in the bar, after talking to customers and the bar staff it seems the management of the Hotel done some kind of a deal not to sell these beers, so they got a bit of money to alienate there customers, we just got a taxi out to the Clanree Hotel and that's were we spent our nights. Sorry but we don't think we would go back to Gallagher's on unless or drink were available.It takes customers to make you money not the other way around.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Antoinette C, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Shane 11972,
Many thanks Shane for your feedback we appreciate you taking the time to write your review, and as a valued customer whom we enjoy welcoming to the Hotel I was saddened to read your concerns over the taps we have on offer, we have an extensive range of lines for our guests to enjoy, as have indeed Smithwicks on draught along with other lager and beers.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Gallagher's in the near future Shane, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss with me. Tel: 00353 74 9122066

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hello I stayed in letterkenny your hotel last night I was very unhappy ur hotel was lovely very clean rooms were smoking and not what I wanted I payed 126€ for the room on the reason the room being so expensive because there was a festival advertised on your website false advertisement n there was not ! This room did not include breakfast . Far too expensive also I asked for an ice bucket up to the room which was Gona be €6.50 for the price of the room that service should be included especially on that rate your charging also late check out requested fir two hours at a price of €50 a joke in the middle of a recession I am very disappointed Receptionist not very friendly S.C Dundalk

• Stayed: June 2013
Antoinette C, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Shezzzney,
Thank you for choosing Gallagher's Hotel for your recent visit to Letterkenny, and your comments of our cleanliness and the hotel in general is much appreciated, we do indeed advertise a festival at the moment which is ongoing it is the Errigal Arts Festival which runs from the 21st June-July 22nd 2013 this has various events going on in different centers throughout Letterkenny and indeed throughout the county of Donegal, our room rates are displayed as Best Available Rates which are Room Only but you can indeed add on breakfast at time of booking we also have B&B rates online and available with direct booking through the hotel itself, I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding with the above. The late check out is at a charge during peak season which we are currently in at the moment but if you would like to discuss this further please give me the opportunity to restore your faith in Gallagher's Hotel contact me on 074 9122066 and I would be delighted to talk to you.
Antoinette Coyle

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed for one nite with a hen party but wen we arrived a few people did not show and as the rooms were pre book the receptionist insisted that we had to pay an additional €600 for the people that did not show,, as this was not our fault and we did not have the money to pay we were not aloud to go to our rooms after each person that was there had already payed for their room they would not give us our money back either,, after arguing for a wile she let us stay?my point is that they made such a fuss but ended up giving us our rooms that we paid for them,with such a large group and the money they were gaining from us they should have done anything for our custom. The receptionist there have no receptionist skills,would not answer any questions she just kept putting her hand up and saying" am not dealing with this" it was awful,do not recommended this hotel for large groups they don't no how to deal with it. The beds and towels were clean buttttt the dust was awful.

• Stayed: June 2013
Antoinette C, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Emmamclaughlin,
Many thanks on your feedback regarding your recent stay, we welcome groups here on a regular basis groups and we enjoy catering for all the groups, your group leader received and confirmed all the details and was in contact with the hotel the night prior to arrival and was very aware of the cancellation procedures which all hotels have in place ,I am indeed very disappointed to read your comments as we love all our guests to enjoy their experiences and have lovely memories to tell family and friends , please feel free to contact me directly and I can discuss any issues, I have tried to contact the group leader on several occasion but without success.
Antoinette Coyle
074 9122066

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel a while ago and had a fantastic time. so much so that I am coming all the way from England on 12th July 2013 for my 40th birthday. I have lots of school friends in the area and I will be meeting up with my first ever summer love after 25 years of not seeing him. We are both single now so who knows ;0) hopefully the charm of Gallagher's will work its magic for us

Geraldine xx

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GeraldineWard
Antoinette C, General Manager at Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Delighted Geraldine to hear you are coming again to visit and on such a special occasion, thank you for the lovely comments on all aspects of your last visit with us, and we are looking forward to seeing you on the 12th of July for your Birthday celebration. I would be delighted if you could contact me so I can personally welcome you on your arrival Geraldine. 00353 74 9122066.
Kind Regards

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Went down from belfast for a night. Clean cheap and cheerful hotel. Reccomend it to anyone. Only bad things is that the hotel is like a maze gettings to your room if its on the 3rd floor and the window in our room faced a brick wall

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments of your recent trip to Gallagher's and Letterkenny, delighted to hear such high recommendation hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

recently returned from short break here,excellent location at top of main street.All staff very helpfull and friendly,room good size and no noise at all considering location .Great value couldnt be faulted.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Golfers 115, it was with great pleasure to welcome you to Gallagher's Hotel recently, I extend our sincere thanks for such a wonderful review on your recent experience in Gallagher's, and be assured we will continue to extend the good value and warm welcome to you our guests, it genuinely means a lot to us to hear such lovely comments on the Hotel itself and the team here.
Look forward to welcoming you back sometime to Gallagher's Hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife prior to a wedding. Excellent room, good breakfast. Had to get ready for wedding at 1pm next day. Allowed us to stay until 12 30 before checking out. Staff very helpful. Although in middle of town, no noticeable noise.

Room Tip: Selected a room away from main street, room 313. No noise!