Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa
$102
$139
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny(Letterkenny)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Restaurant
Clanree Hotel(Letterkenny)
$123
$70
Mount Errigal Hotel(Letterkenny)(Great Value!)
$71
$67
$107
$80
All reviewsdvd librarysteaksunday carverywedding receptionlovely hotelwedding venuefunction roomfrom start to finishsalmonbridal suitebar foodfirst classrelaxing breaksecond to nonenext morningcouldn't do enoughwell worth a visit
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We booked this hotel because they had an offer on and it was a great choice. Beautiful hotel and staff were very helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean and everything in it that you would need. Whilst we were there we treated ourselves to a spa treament which was lovely. The girls were very professional, pleasant and couldn't be more helpful. We really enjoyed it and we would definately return again. Just be aware though this hotel is a little outside of Letterkenny itself and a taxi in or out was between 12-15 euro each way depending on the company.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Martina R, Director of Sales at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I wish to personally thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you got to experience so many elements of the hotel, from the stunning Seascape Spa to the award winning food and beverage options available.

Thank you for the review and such positive comments due to your visit.

On behalf of myself and the team here at the Silver Tassie we hope we can get the opportunity to welcome you back gain in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I have just arrived home after spending 3 days in this first class hotel. The food accommodation and the staff were excellent The breakfast and the evening meal have to highly recommended The room we stayed in was large and spacious and was at the back of the hotel so was very quiet If you are considering spending some time in beautiful Donegal this is the place to stay

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david i

Dear David,

Many thanks for choosing the Silver Tassie for your recent 3 night break. You positive feed back is indeed very much appreciated and will be passed onto all the team here. I am glad you found the hotel such an ideal place for exploring the stunning Donegal. We are surrounded by beautiful villages, beaches and activities suitable for all ages to enjoy.

We hope we can welcome you back to experience our renowned hospitality again in the future.

Thank you again for your kind comments and reviews.

Kind Regards
Martina Rafferty

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked the last-minute New Year package for ourselves and some friends. At €149 per couple for a 4-course meal, entertainment and B&B it was great value. The receptionist was friendly and efficient and the dinner was excellent. The entertainment in the Lounge was a guy and keyboard but he did a good job and played a mixture of songs that would have offered something for everyone to enjoy.

The only criticisms I'd had would be in respect of the bed - a bit tired and dipping in the middle and breakfast - the service was a shambles (it was New Year's Day so maybe they were short-staffed) and the sausages in the cooked breakfast were very peppery.

That said, everything else was fine and we'd go back - perhaps next New Year's Eve?!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CarringtonWealth
Martina R, Director of Sales at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Sir\Madam,

I wish to personally thank you for your recent comment, I am delighted that you enjoyed the over all experience including the food.

I regret the mattresses was not up to standard, this is something that we wish to resolve. If you can email me with a contact number or even email me with your room number (this allowing me to resolve the issue). I feel it is such a shame to have a positive visit spoiled due to the comfort of your bed.

sales@silvertassiehotel.ie

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I was in the silver tassie Saturday past. I just went there with my father for some lunch in the bar. It was a Saturday. I was greeted by the manager (he seemed to be running the place) in a very rude and unprofessional manner. He was so sarcastic when I asked him if there was any other lunch menu on or just carvery. I simply just felt like a sandwich instead of a huge dinner. Got my sandwich in the end with no apology for his mannerism. He would really need to learn about customer service and how to talk to customers. I've ate there before foods always lovely. Maybe next time im there I'll go to the spa wouldn't eat there again in a hurry though.. So turn off by bad manners !

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Jennifer S

Dear Jennifer,

I wish to thank you for your recent review. I regret that you had a bad experience with a staff member, I will indeed pass on your comments as they are very important to us.

I thank you for taking the time to post this review, and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future to restore your faith. Should you re consider visiting again, please do not hesitate to contact me and in return I would be delighted to personally assist you with your requirements or dining reservations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I celebrated my wedding reception in The Silver Tassie a few weeks ago and can honestly say that this hotel, the staff and the service was nothing less than excellent. From the moment we booked our wedding we were well looked after by both wedding co ordinators, Ciaran and John - nothing was a problem or a bother to them. They could not of made us more at ease in the run up to the wedding. On the day everything ran so smoothly the meal was served on time, and to such a big crowd of 250 it was all served efficiently and professionally by all the waiting staff. All of our wedding guests were talking about how beautiful the meal was and how warm and welcoming the function room was. I could not say enough good things about this hotel and the staff to express how impressed we were with how my wedding day went. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle_Laff

Dear Michelle,

I hope you are keeping well and a huge "congratulations" to you both.

We thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your wedding day, this is indeed such a special day for any new Mr & Mrs!

We are delighted to be nominated again as the "Ulster Wedding Venue of the Year for 2014", and from your glowing review this is the Donegal venue of choice. Thank you so much for you kind words, wishing you a long and happy life together. Hope to see you at the end of the year for your anniversary :)