“Top Spa & Restaurant - Highly recommended”

Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Milford, Donegal
“Top Spa & Restaurant - Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Myself and my daughter spent a fantastic day on 6th Feb. in the Spa. Best Spa we have ever visited. The staff are very friendly and the treatments we had were first class. The place is spoitless. We then treated ourselves to a meal and as also we weren't disappointed. A great way to finish a great day. Could not recommend this Spa & Restaurant enough. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Millstone Cotta... H
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Millstone Cotta... H
Thank you for visiting the Seascape Spa and for writing a fantastic review about your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

The Silver Tassie is a hotel I would recommend as a Must Stay Hotel in the Donegal region.Situated a few miles outside of Letterkenny on the Ramelton Road and part of the Select group of Hotels of Ireland,I started staying there in 2012 as a commercial representative having viewed the hotel reviews on trip advisor.The hotel itself has a lot of history and has grown in stature throughout many years.The business package suits my budget.The staff are very welcoming and friendly.The rooms are nicely decored and beds comfortable and not noisy even though the hotel is situated along the main busy road.There is free wifi access .The food is fantastic and offers are available to those on a budget .The foyer area is nice & relaxing .There are DVD" s available at reception for those who want to watch a movie in the room or entertain the kids if on a family break.There is a small gym upstairs also & a spa within the premises to those wishing to pamper themselves.The breakfast is freshly cooked which is a big plus and a wide choice available including home made brown bread & jam.To sum up I have been travelling the highways & byways of Ireland for many years now & it's a hotel I have described as a must stay whilst in Donegal.Sign up for the select hotel card too if you are a frequent visitor.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Damacon
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and for describing us as a "Must Stay Hotel in the Donegal"
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I had a first class break at the Silver Tassie hotel, excellent food, clean hotel bedrooms and friendly staff: The lounge was out of service during our stay as they were redecorating but their restaurant and foyer and conservatory were available for food and drinks. There is some lovely scenery around that part of Donegal, even in January when the weather wasnt great. We would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return later this year

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Mary Jane K
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad you got to experience Donegal when you were here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The wide selection of fresh Food and service were excellent. The Staff are very helpful. Would definitely recommend, especially the carvery lunch. The bar & restaurant were welcoming. Toilet areas were well attended with good quality toiletries. Also try their tea and scones

• Stayed January 2013
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Analli_12

Thank you for your review and for the compliments you gave on the service being excellent and the Staff being very helpful. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our room was great and had plenty of options for family sleeping loads of room for our disabled sons wheelchair and all his kit! Room and bathroom were clean and comfortable, water pressure to the bath and shower was great whatever time you chose to use them.Choice of breakfast food was excellent and nothing was too much trouble.We were staying for a wedding the function room was stunning and service on the day was second to none with everyone having a choice from the menu and the food arriving good and hot with everyone being offered seconds of steak, salmon and turkey! Even though the wedding was on New Yaers Eve no-one felt they were rushed out of the room even though they had to set it up for service the following day.We would highly recommend everyone tries the full carvery experience on a Sunday we ahve never seen so much choice of food.

Room Tip: There are 2 accessible rooms we chose the "semi accessible" one which suited our needs. Th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mandy M

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience, I am glad you got to experience our Sunday carvery while you were here.
We hope to welcome you back again soon
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I arranged a trip on short notice on the basis of special offers. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite which was pleasing but the staff were good enough to let me look at the standard and superior rooms and these were large and comfortable looking - I certainly wouldn't have been disappointed with them.

The Silver Tassie is a well-run family hotel and it is good to stay somewhere that has its own character and personality. Both the design and decor is a mixture of the traditional and modern but in my mind it works. The room furnishings were attractive yet comfortable and the shower had good pressure and was fitted at a decent height on the wall so the bather does not have to duck to get under the shower head - a sin many hotels are guilty of. All the staff I encountered were, without exception, friendly and helpful.

The hotel is situated a few miles outside Letterkenny beside a busy main road but the rooms are double glazed and traffic noise was not a problem. There is ample free parking so the hotel would be a good base for exploring the northwest of Ireland. The bar was closed for renovations during our trip but we had an evening meal as part of the package and even if bought separately, the table d'hote menu at €25 for four courses was tremendous value. The food was like the decor, a mixture of traditional and modern - a fair number of old favourites with a modern twist. I found it a little conservative in style but the a la carte menu was extensive. I enjoyed what I had and the portions are generous, certainly no one should leave the table hungry. I also had a few bar snacks in the lobby over the course of my stay. The service was prompt and the food was fine. The dining room itself is fairly large but there are a number of nooks and crannies which give it an intimate atmosphere and the open fire was welcome on a dark January evening. All hot breakfasts are freshly cooked - much better than luke-warm bacon and rubbery eggs left under lights - and guests can vary the menu to their taste, so that is a massive plus in the hotel's favour.

The spa was excellent with a wide range of treatments for male guests which can be limited elsewhere, though I made the mistake of not booking in advance and was only able to get an appointment on the morning of departure. As the hotel was not too busy, a late check out was no problem. The spa staff like everyone else at the hotel were charming.

Donegal has no shortage of hotels. You will find ones with better views, others with a swimming pool and jacuzzi, more avant garde cuisine and more frills but you will do well to find one that delivers such a good all-round experience at such reasonable cost.

The bottom line would I go back and would I recommend the hotel to others? The answer to both is an unreserved 'yes'. Customer service and excellent value are the hallmarks of the hotel so if you are considering a stay in Donegal it is well worth giving the Silver Tassie a look.

Room Tip: If a view is important ask for the first floor. Some ground floor rooms have little to look out on.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear SamThompson

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and for giving such a descriptive review, we truly appreciate that. Thank you for stating the reason for your return, being "Customer service and excellent value are the hallmarks of the hotel so if you are considering a stay in Donegal it is well worth giving the Silver Tassie a look" we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Gweedore, Ireland
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Myself and my daughter (who treated me to a spa experience for my christmas present) were at the Seascape Spa at the Silver Tassie Hotel today. We were booked in for a "Lur'lur Coco Cream Nourishing Massage and Body Wrap". Well I must say this was a wonderfully relaxing evening and I have never been so relaxed and pampered. We were given first class treatment and were made very comfortable. FIrstly we were given gowns and slippers and were taken to the treatment room.. And the relaxation began. We got a full body massage on the back with hot oils and the treatment was just so nourishing. Then I was turned over and the massage was given on the front of my legs and arms. The gentle pressure and relaxation was just wonderful. After the massage I was wrapped in a soft cotton material with a blanket over it and I don't know if i was sleeping or in a bit of a trance!! Then I was given a complete head massage and a full facial with creams, oils and hot cloths, which lasted about half an hour and i was definately in dreamworld at this stage. The whole experience was lovely.. when I was finished we were taken to the snooze room to relax,, which was lit by candelight and had lovely relaxing chairs to lie on and come back to life. We were treated with herbal tea or water. So after this wonderful chilling experience, we went down to the restaurant for a meal. The hotel is of a very high standard, definately 4* from what I have seen. The bar is very cosy and relaxing and there was a big crowd gathering and the atmosphere was getting fun. We went into the restaurant and had a wonderful 5 course meal for €19.50, with a great choice of food on the menu. It was so cold outside and snowing and the heat was perfect in this hotel with real log fires eveywhere, even in the large restaurant, which really added ambiance to the place. I would definately recommend the spa and the restaurant for a meal.... and the next time I might even book a room for the night. I'm sure I will be impressed!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 530sarahf
Dear 530sarahf
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and for choosing the Seascape Spa for your treatment, I am glad to left feeling pampered and relaxed and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.