We stayed at the Silver Tassie from Sunday to Wednesday, on a bed and breakfast basis.
We arrived after dinner-time on Sunday night and check in was very simple! We got room 102 which was in a fab location, really close to all the facilities. The room was lovely, not ultra-modern but nice and "country" and very spacious! The bathroom was very clean and we got fresh towels every day no bother. The room has a handy little pop up ironing board and iron near the door, which was really handy!
We ate breakfast 2 out of the 3 mornings and it was fab! you could help yourself to cereals and fruit juice etc while you were waiting on your tea and cooked breakfast, we had the small fry every morning and it was the perfect size for breakfast. We ate from the bar menu twice, once as a late lunch and once for dinner. The sharing starter was lovely, as were the main courses. It was nice that we were able to stay at the table after dinner and enjoy drinks next to the fireplace, which was lovely with all the Christmas decorations up! The guy at the bar also let us charge up our ipad as we ate... Great service!
Free wifi was a bonus.... Didn't get it in our room but that wasn't a big deal, we enjoyed using it in the bar while we had tea and coffee.
Location is really good, it's not in the centre of letterkenny but it's a fab base, not too far from anything and its actually nice being a little further out. Driving up to the hotel from letterkenny gives a great view of the hotel, especially at night when it's all lit up!
Overall, we would definitely stay here again, was a great price and a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa is only a 5 minute drive from the town of Letterkenny and a 15 minute drive from Rathmullan Beach. Renowned for excellent service and award winning food the hotel has everything you need to make your stay memorable including DVD players in the bedrooms and complimentary library of DVD's and books. Sample our specialty Seaweed baths in our Seascape Spa, just one of the many treatments & ways to relax. Golf courses, surfing, walking, horse riding and Glenveagh National, are a short drive from the Hotel. An ideal base to tour the North West Coast with Derry City only 33km away. Free WIFI access throughout the hotel. Hotel guests can avail of complimentary use of the Aura Leisure Centre Swimming Pool which is ten minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Tassie Hotel Letterkenny
- Silver Tassie Hotel And Spa
- Silver Tassie Letterkenny
- Hotel Silver Tassie