This place is definitely not a 4 star but again you get what you pay for, it's cheap and that gets you pretty much no service!
Check in / reception lady was nice and pleasant to talk with. That's where it sadly stopped! I arrived on a Monday night, in time for the BBQ, they cHarge €10. Which in my my view is far too much, should be more like €5. Reason being you get a hotdog, tiny sausage in hotdog roll, chicken filet piece marinated in salt and a side salads. The choice is very poor and badly presented.
There was zero service while eating and you have to go to the bar yourself while sitting at the table eating, not very service orientated at all...
The room was large with nice bed, but TV was from the 1990's and outdated.
There were stains on the carpet and furniture, didn't even want to know where they came from!
Bathroom was tiny and badly fitted out, as in toilet is in triangle corner and sink almost on top you while in there! Shower is in the bath.
Breakfast- again no service, the elderly lady servicing seems to be selective who she takes orders from, took a family's order next to me, then just walked past me. I along with other solo guests had to litteraly go to where she was to order breakfast. Which was deep fat fried and looked inedible.
Disappointed really as I expected more from Letterkennys number 1 voted hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa is only a 5 minute drive from the town of Letterkenny and a 15 minute drive from Rathmullan Beach. Renowned for excellent service and award winning food the hotel has everything you need to make your stay memorable including DVD players in the bedrooms and complimentary library of DVD's and books. Sample our specialty Seaweed baths in our Seascape Spa, just one of the many treatments & ways to relax. Golf courses, surfing, walking, horse riding and Glenveagh National, are a short drive from the Hotel. An ideal base to tour the North West Coast with Derry City only 33km away. Free WIFI access throughout the hotel. Hotel guests can avail of complimentary use of the Aura Leisure Centre Swimming Pool which is ten minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Tassie Hotel And Spa
- Silver Tassie Hotel Letterkenny
- Silver Tassie Letterkenny
- Hotel Silver Tassie