“Excellent Family Friendly Hotel”

Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Excellent Family Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed here recently with in laws and our children and honestly couldnt really fault it, lovely clean hotel and the breakfast and Meals were also beautiful. Staff also very pleasant and helpful in both the reception and restaurant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Hayfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Really enjoyed our one night stay here. Staff very friendly an helpful. Room the size of a football. I think they gave us a suite for the price of a normal room; 99 EUROS or the like.

Room Service something of a record. Nine minutes after placing our order for two sandwiches up it came with two very friendly, polite, helpful waiters.

All in all a very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank you for your lovely comments, they brightened up our day!! Delighted that our speedy service is being noticed, your on holidays, why should you wait!! Great to hear that you thought our room was the size of a football pitch, in fact all of our rooms are very spacious, for your comfort. We hope you can stay longer the next time!
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Lovely hotel. Rooms very cosey. Breakfast was gorgeous- not typical hotel buffet, but freshly made. Lots of wee things good- can rent dvd's for room, they will book taxi for 10 euro into letterkenny at reception, vending machine

Staff very friendly and helpful

Close to gorgeous wee place with great beach- rathmullen

Would def stat again

• Stayed April 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I've stayed here a few times,and i'm well pleased with it overall. Staff very helpful,nice atmosphere,and to be honest,nothing seems to be a problem for them.
Obviously nowhere is perfect,so if i was to say anything i'd say the food in the restaurant is not brilliant,but their sister hotel the edgewater is super for a meal and not far away.
I really would be surprised if you stayed here and did not like it. it is 8minutes drive from the town but good if you like a rural location,so you would need a car or a taxi to get around.
The last time we stayed the room was near the function room and was slightly noisy,we chose not to complain at the time. I did e mail them the next week explaining what had happened and to be fair the lady said i should have told them at the time, and she offered me a reduce rate on my next stay which i thought was very fair.As i see it, starting to move rooms at 12 am on a Saturday night would have spoiled the stay more than the noise.
So if you like a quiet room say when booking they have rooms at the other side of the hotel which are great.I've stayed in them on previous occasions.
I'm definately a fan of the whole Blaney Group,i've eaten in the pub in town and The Waters Edge also stayed in the Milford Inn. I feel they do care about their customers as your made to feel at home straight away and like i said nothing is a problem to any of the staff.
The whole area is lovely and relaxing and the Blaney group is a big asset to it.
I've tried to tell both sides in my review to make it informative and helpful to people, so hope it is of genuine help as I check reviews also.
In my opinion no where is perfect, but if you have a problem with these guys, i'd suggest you tell them in a mannerly fashion, and you won't be disappointed.

If i never stay in a worse place on my travels i'll be very lucky, Blaney Group, thank you for everything and yes I will be back.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room,ask for it when booking,
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TyroneTraveller1
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I've stayed here so many times I've lost count! from when it was only a small wee guesthouse, I've watched it grow, bigger & even better! We go back almost every year, and I've never been disappointed. It's easy to find, situated just a few miles outside the town, with plenty of parking space. It has many features you'd expect to find in a much larger & more expensive hotel - the free WiFi is a great addition, and on my next trip I'm looking forward to sampling the pampering treats offered in the recently opened Spa.
The rooms are clean, a good size & have everything you need - you can even choose from a great selection of DVDs from reception if you just want to relax in your room. I highly recommend the larger family room suites (even if there's only 2 of you) - a great size with the addition of a nice comfy sofa & table, well worth the few extra euros!
Having dined in the restaurant & the bar I have found the food to be excellent value & very tasty indeed. Breakfast offers a lovely selection of cooked & continental style goodies, plenty to make sure you start the day with a full stomach!
I have always found the staff to be incredibly helpful, friendly & the fact that the same barman has been there for years must surely tell you it's a great place to work as well as stay! I also love seeing the same faces in the restaurant, almost makes you feel like you're at a home from home.
I've stayed in many hotels around the country but this is the only one I genuinely look forward to returning to every single time. Letterkenny is a lovely town & this is a great base for exploring some of the breathtaking scenery around Donegal - take a drive up to Glenveagh National Park, and the trip over to Ardara is well worth the time. There's a lovely beach quite near, I think it's called Tra na Rosann? For the die-hard shoppers take a spin over to McElhinneys in Ballybofey!
Looking forward to my next trip hopefully this summer!

Room Tip: well worth upgrading to the family room/suite
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ballymoney, Co Antrim,Northern Ireland
Reviewed April 18, 2011

~My husband and I have stayed in the Silver Tassie hotel on numerous occasions and consider it to be our second home! There is always a warm welcome, a lovely room, good food, good service and a good night's sleep is guaranteed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying in the Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa on a few occasions within the past 3 month. It is a fabulous place, beautiful setting over looking the Swilly. great roomy well decorated, clean bedrooms with all the facilities necessary to make ones stay extremely comfortable. The food & service is second to none, with a friendly staff, who make you feel at home, yet very professional. The atmosphere throughout the whole hotel is superb. The Spa!! that is one place not to be missed. Having availed of several of the treatments I find it hard to decide which is most invigorating, relaxing & enjoyable. I think the Seaweed bath is my number one. Again the staff are so helpful & extremely caring & professional in carrying out their duties. In these day of recession the tariff is another BIG PLUS. " What you get for your money is unbelievable". Can't wait to get back there. Well done Rose & Ciaran. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business