“overlook this place at your peril.”

Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I've stayed here a few times,and i'm well pleased with it overall. Staff very helpful,nice atmosphere,and to be honest,nothing seems to be a problem for them.
Obviously nowhere is perfect,so if i was to say anything i'd say the food in the restaurant is not brilliant,but their sister hotel the edgewater is super for a meal and not far away.
I really would be surprised if you stayed here and did not like it. it is 8minutes drive from the town but good if you like a rural location,so you would need a car or a taxi to get around.
The last time we stayed the room was near the function room and was slightly noisy,we chose not to complain at the time. I did e mail them the next week explaining what had happened and to be fair the lady said i should have told them at the time, and she offered me a reduce rate on my next stay which i thought was very fair.As i see it, starting to move rooms at 12 am on a Saturday night would have spoiled the stay more than the noise.
So if you like a quiet room say when booking they have rooms at the other side of the hotel which are great.I've stayed in them on previous occasions.
I'm definately a fan of the whole Blaney Group,i've eaten in the pub in town and The Waters Edge also stayed in the Milford Inn. I feel they do care about their customers as your made to feel at home straight away and like i said nothing is a problem to any of the staff.
The whole area is lovely and relaxing and the Blaney group is a big asset to it.
I've tried to tell both sides in my review to make it informative and helpful to people, so hope it is of genuine help as I check reviews also.
In my opinion no where is perfect, but if you have a problem with these guys, i'd suggest you tell them in a mannerly fashion, and you won't be disappointed.

If i never stay in a worse place on my travels i'll be very lucky, Blaney Group, thank you for everything and yes I will be back.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room,ask for it when booking,
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TyroneTraveller1

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I've stayed here so many times I've lost count! from when it was only a small wee guesthouse, I've watched it grow, bigger & even better! We go back almost every year, and I've never been disappointed. It's easy to find, situated just a few miles outside the town, with plenty of parking space. It has many features you'd expect to find in a much larger & more expensive hotel - the free WiFi is a great addition, and on my next trip I'm looking forward to sampling the pampering treats offered in the recently opened Spa.
The rooms are clean, a good size & have everything you need - you can even choose from a great selection of DVDs from reception if you just want to relax in your room. I highly recommend the larger family room suites (even if there's only 2 of you) - a great size with the addition of a nice comfy sofa & table, well worth the few extra euros!
Having dined in the restaurant & the bar I have found the food to be excellent value & very tasty indeed. Breakfast offers a lovely selection of cooked & continental style goodies, plenty to make sure you start the day with a full stomach!
I have always found the staff to be incredibly helpful, friendly & the fact that the same barman has been there for years must surely tell you it's a great place to work as well as stay! I also love seeing the same faces in the restaurant, almost makes you feel like you're at a home from home.
I've stayed in many hotels around the country but this is the only one I genuinely look forward to returning to every single time. Letterkenny is a lovely town & this is a great base for exploring some of the breathtaking scenery around Donegal - take a drive up to Glenveagh National Park, and the trip over to Ardara is well worth the time. There's a lovely beach quite near, I think it's called Tra na Rosann? For the die-hard shoppers take a spin over to McElhinneys in Ballybofey!
Looking forward to my next trip hopefully this summer!

Room Tip: well worth upgrading to the family room/suite
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

~My husband and I have stayed in the Silver Tassie hotel on numerous occasions and consider it to be our second home! There is always a warm welcome, a lovely room, good food, good service and a good night's sleep is guaranteed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying in the Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa on a few occasions within the past 3 month. It is a fabulous place, beautiful setting over looking the Swilly. great roomy well decorated, clean bedrooms with all the facilities necessary to make ones stay extremely comfortable. The food & service is second to none, with a friendly staff, who make you feel at home, yet very professional. The atmosphere throughout the whole hotel is superb. The Spa!! that is one place not to be missed. Having availed of several of the treatments I find it hard to decide which is most invigorating, relaxing & enjoyable. I think the Seaweed bath is my number one. Again the staff are so helpful & extremely caring & professional in carrying out their duties. In these day of recession the tariff is another BIG PLUS. " What you get for your money is unbelievable". Can't wait to get back there. Well done Rose & Ciaran. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2011

It was a couple of years ago but I was having a meeting in Letterkenny and my wife having some leave at the same time, we decided she should come with me up from Dublin and make a day of it. It would be nice to have her company on the journey. The meeting went well but it went on another 3 hours or more than expected. We started to head home, starving but then decided to make the most of being away from home and find somewhere to stay and eat. We found the Silver Tassie on the main road and thought we'd have a look. It looked nice so we decided to head inside. They had a room available, it looked comfortable and so we left our things and headed to the restaurant. The menu looked great and we weren't disappointed when our order arrived. I had a steak and my wife had the fish. They were cooked perfectly. (Something I'm very fussy about!) We headed to the bar afterwards and enjoyed a couple of quiet drinks while there was some music on. In the morning, we had a lovely breakfast, the full Irish, but my wife had her usual healthy options. All in all, it was a lovely evening spent and a good decision to stay there. The road up to Letterkenny is much shorter now so we'll be up there and take advantage of one of their deals sometime soon I reckon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the music
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevboy73
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This was our first stay, we were there for 2 night B&B and were delighted with the Hotel. It is a wee bit out from Letterkenny but we found no need to go anywhere else to eat although if you do the local taxi is e10. From the moment we arrived we found the staff welcoming and friendly, our room was large, bright and warm. On the first evening, we decided to have the e27.50p.p. 4 course dinner, the food was superb, the portions large and the house wine a reasonable e18.50 a bottle, we could hardly move after it. Breakfast was served until 10.30am and as well as the usual 'full Irish' there was also plaice and kippers. On the second evening, we decided to eat just one course in the Hotel Bar and again the food was excellent. Before leaving we managed to squeeze in an afternoon cream tea served in the conservatory, it was great value at e4.50 p.p. We didn't get time to try the Spa but spoke to other guest s who had and all enjoyed the experience. From the Hotel we drove to Glenveagh National Park, and around the coast to Dunfannaghy. Even if you are not staying inthe Hotel it would be worth calling in for a meal.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Returned for our first stay this year it was in February and for two nights. Once again the service and food food excelent and the rooms were warm and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple