I've stayed here a few times,and i'm well pleased with it overall. Staff very helpful,nice atmosphere,and to be honest,nothing seems to be a problem for them.
Obviously nowhere is perfect,so if i was to say anything i'd say the food in the restaurant is not brilliant,but their sister hotel the edgewater is super for a meal and not far away.
I really would be surprised if you stayed here and did not like it. it is 8minutes drive from the town but good if you like a rural location,so you would need a car or a taxi to get around.
The last time we stayed the room was near the function room and was slightly noisy,we chose not to complain at the time. I did e mail them the next week explaining what had happened and to be fair the lady said i should have told them at the time, and she offered me a reduce rate on my next stay which i thought was very fair.As i see it, starting to move rooms at 12 am on a Saturday night would have spoiled the stay more than the noise.
So if you like a quiet room say when booking they have rooms at the other side of the hotel which are great.I've stayed in them on previous occasions.
I'm definately a fan of the whole Blaney Group,i've eaten in the pub in town and The Waters Edge also stayed in the Milford Inn. I feel they do care about their customers as your made to feel at home straight away and like i said nothing is a problem to any of the staff.
The whole area is lovely and relaxing and the Blaney group is a big asset to it.
I've tried to tell both sides in my review to make it informative and helpful to people, so hope it is of genuine help as I check reviews also.
In my opinion no where is perfect, but if you have a problem with these guys, i'd suggest you tell them in a mannerly fashion, and you won't be disappointed.
If i never stay in a worse place on my travels i'll be very lucky, Blaney Group, thank you for everything and yes I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa is only a 5 minute drive from the town of Letterkenny and a 15 minute drive from Rathmullan Beach. Renowned for excellent service and award winning food the hotel has everything you need to make your stay memorable including DVD players in the bedrooms and complimentary library of DVD's and books. Sample our specialty Seaweed baths in our Seascape Spa, just one of the many treatments & ways to relax. Golf courses, surfing, walking, horse riding and Glenveagh National, are a short drive from the Hotel. An ideal base to tour the North West Coast with Derry City only 33km away. Free WIFI access throughout the hotel. Hotel guests can avail of complimentary use of the Aura Leisure Centre Swimming Pool which is ten minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Tassie Hotel Letterkenny
- Silver Tassie Hotel And Spa
- Silver Tassie Letterkenny
- Hotel Silver Tassie