“Lovely meal, lacked atmosphere.”
Review of Restaurant Sage

Restaurant Sage
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sage is located in Letterkenny directly across from An Grianan Theatre. At Sage our ethos is to provide our guests with the best local produce in surroundings that are warm, friendly and welcoming. We cater for all tastes and sizes of groups. Our front of house is led by Garvan our owner and our culinary team is led by Head Chef Helen Burke. Both have a flair and passion for food and service that we hope you will return many times to experience.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Ate here last weekend along with my boyfriend and for a Saturday night the place was very quiet, only 6 other couples. Started off they brought us a little cup of soup which was luke warm, neither of us ate this. I had the scallops to start and he the chicken salad which were both delicious! We then opted for sirloin and a fillet both of which were cooked to perfection. He wanted some onions and mushrooms as it did not come with the fillet which were brought out immediately. Dessert also was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant and will probably try it again in hope that is a little busier to create more of a buzz. Something should also be done with the colour scheme as the white and lime green is very cold.

1  Thank kfood81

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Ate there last night with my husband for the first time and was really disappointed.
Staff w ere pleasant but the food really lacked favour.
We ordered the shared as siege for starters and I ordered the lamb as my main course and my husband the surf n turf.
We were served an amuse Boucher which is indeed a nice touch, it was two espresso cups of soup with fingers of bread, perfect except the soup was really cold, major faux as soup needs to be served hot
My lamb was so disappointing, lamb has such a nice flavour and is easily distinguished from any other meat, this lamb was not, it could have n
Been anything, it actually didn't have any flavour at all?
The waitress asked how was our food and I very politely said I was disappointed in the lamb, it didn't taste like lamb, she said I will mention it to the chef!
End of story, didn't hear another word about it!! Not good enough
We ordered coffee and the assisted of desert , the coffee came and was finished way before t he desert arrived.it too was lacking in flavour and finesse.
Chocolate mouse with a little sticky toffee pudding, the mouse was just bobbed on the slate, the two little pieces of st icky toffee pudding came dry and without any toffee sauce worth mentioning.
Overall very disappointing, and pricey for what we got, Sunday evening so all a la carte, no problem with that if the food is good, but is was very to below average,
Will definately not be returning

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal today (07:08:14). We saw the previous reviews on trip and weren't disappointed.
Food was superb, especially the children are well catered for. Chef will make most things fresh and kids enjoyed it all.
Best of all service was great and efficient. Helpful and pleasant.
Would highly recommend!

Well done!

1  Thank Linzi M
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Once again my wife and I enjoyed the excellent food and atmosphere of this fantastic restaurant. The staff were attentive and the prices very reasonable. Their excellent dishes never let you down and the delightful tastes linger on your palate for some time. I had fish dishes which were cooked to perfection. Again well tone to the chef and to all who work there. I'll be back.

2  Thank marypatrica
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had a lovely meal last Saturday night (26/07/14). The food was beautiful, piping hot. Presentation, seasoning, flavour, range of choice were all excellent. The staff were really nice and helpful. They engaged in friendly conversation from the moment we sat down, explaining the food to us, the flavours etc. They were not afraid to engage in little personal jokes during the night that made our experience so much more enjoyable.I thought the little flaming sambuca shot at the end of the meal was a nice touch! Also, the chef came out to talk to the customers at the end of service and was eager to know the customers, know what their experience was like etc. It made me as a customer feel valued. The next time I go back I would like to see the restaurant having a better choiceof herbal teas available. It was limited to peppermint and camomile. however, it is possibly one of the nicest restaurants in Letterkenny. Don't know why I haven't went there soon.