“Holiday meal.”
Review of Restaurant Sage

Restaurant Sage
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sage is located in Letterkenny directly across from An Grianan Theatre. At Sage our ethos is to provide our guests with the best local produce in surroundings that are warm, friendly and welcoming. We cater for all tastes and sizes of groups. Our front of house is led by Garvan our owner and our culinary team is led by Head Chef Helen Burke. Both have a flair and passion for food and service that we hope you will return many times to experience.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We as a family booked Sage after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We are particlar about our restaurant and expect good quality. Sage didn't disappoint. Prawns and Brie as starters. Excellent. Lamb, chicken and pizza as main. Excellent. Cheese, pudding and crumble for dessert. Very good. Staff friendly. Chef visited our table and wanted to know what. We thought. Genuine people. Hope it goes really well for them. Will visit again when in town.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here on a Friday night in January and had a wonderful experience. The minute you walk in the ambiance is calm and welcoming! Garbhan the owner is just wonderful! Takes the time to come say hello to the guests and ensure everything is ok with their meal. I am a kitchens nightmare- allergic to dairy- and normally feel really awkward and a pain when ordering food but Garbhan made me very comfortable in ordering. All food is actually cooked to order, nothing is sitting premixed/made so every dish can be specifically tailored to a persons requirements. I had duck spring rolls to begin with...to die for! My partner had the scallops equally amazing. We then had steak and duck dishes! Well it was one of the nicest juciest steaks I have ever had. No need for any gravy or seasoning. HUGE bonus in that the wines are very competitively priced. We shared a lovely Australian Shiraz for only €18!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great food with lots of choice for vegetarians. I highly recommend the sticky toffee pudding! Very attentive staff. Great value for money.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I ate in sage recently with a large group and I have to say it did not disappoint. There was a real buzz about the place, the staff were really friendly, attentive and good craic!! The food was beautiful and very reasonable. We had such a lovely night there. I am looking forward to returning very soon!!!

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Food unbelievable along with ambience and staff. Very welcoming overall. Will definitely be back for more.