“Wonderful Golf Experience ”

Portsalon Golf Club
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I just played Portsalon Golf Course today, and I now rank it as my favorite links course in Ireland. In two visits I have played Carne, Enniscron, Sligo, Narin and Portnoo, and Ballyliffin Glashedy, all great courses that I highly recommend, but none have the overall charm and sheer stunning beauty of Portsalon. Nestled along a gorgeous beach on a coastal plain surrounded by stunning Irish mountains, this course has challenging holes sure to test any golfer. We also ate a delicious lunch in the clubhouse after the round. I highly recommend the chicken melt!

Date of experience: August 2018
"par"
"tee"
"captain"

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I played the course today and was very impressed. I was on my own and the golf professional (I never got his name) was excellent. He arranged to team me up with a lovely couple from Scotland. I throughly enjoyed the course and the company. Great greens. I highly recommend it.
Peter

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed June 4, 2018

All in our group found the course to be disappointing especially given the high recommendations it has received. The single biggest disappointment were the greens which were extremely slow and bumpy. Having played multiple courses over the prior week and a few ore after Portsalon we all found this course to be the single biggest disappointment of the golf trip. No question the setting is stunning and I'd wager to bet that the greens are typically better. It wasn't a great start to the day when we arrived to find out the clubhouse was closed for the day for some repairs so we had to leave to find something to eat and everything was locked up when we were done at around 6:30

Date of experience: May 2018
6  Thank 243markh243
Reviewed June 1, 2018

This is a most enjoyable links well worth the trip. The course is well maintained and the clubhouse and pro shop are well organized. Very nice food after golf. All the staff are pleasant and the Captain made us all welcome

Date of experience: June 2018