Review Highlights
Wonderful Golf Experience

I just played Portsalon Golf Course today, and I now rank it as my favorite links course in... read more

Reviewed August 28, 2018
jimmW3890SV
Cincinnati, Ohio
via mobile
Golf

I played the course today and was very impressed. I was on my own and the golf professional (I... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2018
Peter L
via mobile

All reviews links course great links carne sunday lunch challenging holes port salon stunning views hidden gem well worth a visit clubhouse courses rosapenna ballyliffin caddies par tee captain
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Called on spec for lunch. we were offered a table and welcomed in to the bar. We had a good lunch. Great prices and huge portions of typical golf-club food. Very tasty, well presented and good value.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We love this place. Alas have not been here for years. The course is truly magnificent as is the scenery. The beach has to be seen to be believed. Lovely friendly people and great food in club house. What more could you want?!

1  Thank Rolande A
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

I just returned to Lake Nona near Orlando from a golf trip to Ireland with 11 friends. One of the courses we played was Portsalon in Donegal. It is spectacular both as a course and as a scenic place, on the links land overlooking the beaches of Donegal. It was my 5th visit there, but the 1st for some in our group. As before, our caddies were members of the club, but this time included the Club President and Captain, which was special. The course is equalled in quality by the hospitality in the clubhouse pub, and at the two pubs we visited 100 yards from the course where Guinness is coupled with fantastic views of the ocean and beach. A five star experience and among my favorites in the world.

2  Thank Tom A
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Came here for a bite to eat with friends on a Saturday afternoon.

The menu was plentiful and had lots of options and was very reasonable in terms of price. I got the chicken Maryland, and the others got the chicken curry, chicken pasta and chicken enchilada.

The food was just about average to be honest. My chicken Maryland had a big hair in it which I didn't say to staff about as I didn't want to wait and eat on my own by the time it would have been resolved so I can't comment on what would have happened but the staff were very nice and I'm sure they would have apologised. Plus it is a common enough thing to happen and could happen anyone. Human error.

Overall it is in a fab location and as long as you don't expect no frills you'll have a spot on time.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

This is the best golf course I have played. The first is a nice little opener before taking on one of the most beautiful holes ever made. And it just never let's you down.

1  Thank Barry N