“well worth the visit amazing!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tropical world
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Letterkenny
Letterkenny, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“well worth the visit amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

myself and a friend visited with both our sons age four and we all enjoyed it so much we have already talked about our next trip to this incredible mini zoo!! the butterfly room is amazing i loved it, the price is great 24euro for 2 adults and 2 children,we took a packed lunch and sat eating this whilst watching all the beautiful bright birds, the staff are so friendly a tall girl with blond hair who was super friendly to both the adults and children took out a snake and my friend got pictures taken with it around her neck i was not so brave but i did touch the skin the snake had sheaded and found this cool,she also took out a bearded dragon lizard so we could see this animal up close,she talked a little about the animal and was very good at her job so keep up the great work!! i am recommending this place to everyone i know with children i didnt think it was going to be such a wonderful experience for both my son and myself and am so glad we decided to visit!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank marie d

• Polish first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a must I loved it so did all the family highlight for me was holding the snake the butterfly house was great and seeing all the different birds on show was nice staff excellent you wouldn't think when you pull into a garden centre you would get this keep up the great work thanks.

1 Thank 1955sam
Cork, Ireland
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Kids loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great place! Definitely did not expect it to be so extensive when we chose to go here. Thought it would just be butterflies but the range of animals and birds here is fantastic. Definitely recommend it

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BNM79
Ireland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This mini zoo is incredible!!! Unfortunately it is difficult to hear about! There are all sorts of animals and the butterflys are incredible in their heated area. Children will love this place. Great for a family day out as there is facilities so you can bring your own food.

2 Thank kizzy333
Bangor
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Stop here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a place that no one seemed to know about but is absolutely superb. I think the fact it advertises itself as a "garden centre" says it all. We were in Letterkenny and looking for something family orientated to do and I saw the sign and thought to take a look. I walked in past all the plants and garden furniture for sale and followed the signs for the Tropical Zoo. Not expecting much I have to say. 25 euros for family of 4 seemed a bit steep so I asked the receptionist what there was in the Zoo. It all sounded very good and there was a "petting session" just about to start.
We were all very impressed with this place as there is a butterly house, a number of small monkeys, meerkats, turtles, snakes, tropical birds, lemurs, iguanas to name a few. We also got to hold a Royal Python and stroke a real live skunk!
It is a must visit and it is all indoor so could fit the bill as a wet day adventure!

1 Thank Stephenwjwebb