“Excellent value”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here earlier this year and we were so impressed with this hotel. We have stayed here a few times over the last few years and the hotel remains very high in my estimations.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and modern and the hotel is very well maintained. The bar and lobby are extremely modern and the breakfast is plentiful and delicious.

The hotel is quiet at night and is in a location where it is close to the main street but in a quieter area full of shops.

At weekends during the summer B&B in a double room seems to range from 90 - 95 euros depending on when you book.

This hotel shows you just what to expect for under 100 euros - amazing breakfast with lots of choices, clean, modern and well maintained rooms, excellent staff and a nice, clean swimming pool.

Just to note, the pool requires swimming hats so if you already have one bring it along.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C
Radisson4, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us @ the Radisson Blu Hotel Letterkenny, I am delighted you were impressed with your stay and hold our hotel highly. It is always a pleasure to read such an account of your stay and we would look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels allow
Kind regards
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was really looking forward to my stay at the Radisson Blu, Letterkenny. I was only staying for one night and wasn't overall impressed to be honest. On checking in I was told I could dine in the restaurant from 8.30-9.00 as this was the only time it was open to guests because there was a wedding in the hotel..... eh??? One half hour slot for guests to eat dinner.... best not have a leisurely evening planned then?! So I decided to eat in the bar.... had a steak sandwich, which was fine, then went up to the room for the night.... the evening was hot and the room was just melting. I went to ring down to reception and discovered the two phones in the room were faulty. I went across to my friends room and called from there. I was told the room did not have air conditioning and they would supply a fan. This arrived but unfortunately I couldnt use it because it was so damn noisy! I never slept a wink, pillows and bed were uncomfortable and the room was far too warm. I couldnt open the window and pull back the curtains, because the room was overlooked with a dreary view from other apartments opposite..... the next morning my friend said he never slept with noisy revellers from the wedding outside during the night and to add insult to injury was kept awake by staff clearing up and throwing bottles etc into skips. On the plus side, breakfast was very nice with a great choice and selection but overall not really impressed with the whole experience and for 200 euros for both rooms i dont think i would stay again.... :-(

Room Tip: rooms dont really offer any nice views.....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your stay here at the hotel, i am disapointed to read of your experience and would urge that had we have been made aware of the issues encountered we would have ensured to remedy the situation. In regards to your dinner time , when we host Weddings at the hotel our Kitchen likes to give 100% focus to the food and therefore we delay opening our Restaurant until 7pm which is one hour later than normal. guests can then choose to dine anytime between 7pm and 9pm provided we have availiability, having won an AA Rosette recently our restautant is very popular and we would urge guests to make a reservation for dinner at time of making bedroom reservation. Unfortunatly upon your check in we only had availability to start your dining at either 8.30pm or 9pm as the restaurant was almost fully booked. We also then offer our Oakk Grill Bar from 3pm - 9pm giving guests an alternative option for dining which you availed off. We offer a choice of bedrooms including standard and business class, all business class rooms are equipped with air conditioning and we are in process of extending this to our standard rooms, it was unfortunate that the fan you were given created noise, if we had of been aware we could have offered an alternative fan or indeed tried to relocate you to a business class room. I apologize for the noise that your friend encountered during the night from guests outside, i am unsure how he heard bottles thrown into skips as this is not something that out staff conduct outside. I am glad you enjoyed our super buffet breakfast. Once again i would urge if your travels allow to return that you would bring any issues to the attention of a manager so that we can remedy the issue and your overall impression of our hotel.
Kind regards
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was excellent. Nicely furnished, clean and well supplied. Had lunch on arrival in the bar area, which was good, and then breakfast the following morning. I thought, in particualr for a regional hotel, that the breakfast was excellent - in particular the wide range of options in the buffet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank myles_na_gcopaleen
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed lunch in our Oakk Grill bar and our Super Buffet Breakfast.
Kind Regards,
Elaine McIntyre.

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

In comparison to other hotels this hotel was expensive for the overall price of the stay. The main interior, lobby and bar was clean and tidy. Reception staff were polite and busy. On checking in the receptionist asked us for a 50 euro deposit per night as security.Even though we paid upfront in cash. To her disappointment she wasn't getting this. If I go to a hotel I don't generally get asked for any deposit and the only place I ever had to pay a security deposit was in Australia as a backpacker in a hostel. To follow insult this hotel didn't even provide a bottle of complimentary water in the room I know theres a recession but to hell with that. The room was tidy but not cleaned to a very high standard at all. The cleaner was still in it when we arrived and the cleaning needless to say was carried out rather fast. We did bring this to the attention of the receptionist guy and even though the hotel had rang us to confirm we were arriving and tell us our room would be ready at 3. We arrived at 1730 and they still didnt manage to have a room ready. So we waited due to no more rooms being available. Wasting our time at their leisure. The hotel is located in a retail park (no problem) but don't think your goin to an exclusive place. Handy for access to the local town and the retail units about. Also well located as to leave letterkenny to explore Donegal. Other pointers not a double bed usual two single ones thrown together not comfortable. This hotel is overall below average and is ok for a one niter.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jezz7
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Ive just returned from a 3 night stay in the Radisson and from start to finish our stay was outstanding, we checked in at lunch time on Thursday, the receptionist was very friendly and even upgraded us, when I asked if it was available (THANK YOU LIAM)! The room was very spacious, even with the huge bed!! It was clean, modern and bright. All the little extras really made a difference! Our television didnt have a remote control but when I asked reception about it, they had one up to the room in two minutes! The breakfast buffet in the morning was fit for a King, there was so much choice and if there was something you wanted that wasnt there, staff were very obliging to get it for you. (i.e. Poached Egg). There was two weddings on while we were there but werent disrupted at all with noise! Their motto is 100% Customer Satisfaction and boy do you get it...all staff are so friendly and helpful and couldnt do enough for you which really makes a difference, it was money very well spent and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Letterkenny or Donegal as its a great spot to see all of Donegal and its natural beauty! I will definately be returning!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us of your stay here at the Radisson Blu Letterkenny. Our staff are trained with Yes I Can service attributes as part of the Radisson Blu Hotel training. We are delighted you enjoyed the Super Buffet Breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

myself and two sisters stayed in the Radisson on Saturday night. Although there was a large wedding the receptionist/manager could not have been more helpful. we had a problem with the room but she had it sorted out in minutes with a smile on her face... we had a fantastic time will definitely go back..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KateAntrim
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here once before but chose a business room for a little something extra. Compared with other hotels in the area, while the price was a little bit more expensive, it was hugely worth it. Easy access location when you understand Letterkenny's road system! On check-in there was a huge wedding group in the queue and the staff were very apologetic over this. Room service may have forgotten a glass of wine I ordered but the food was excellent and incredibly prompt. Some noise overnight on the corridors couldn't be helped but the room was big and comfy and the addition of swimming pool was an attraction.

Room Tip: Business rooms are big and comfy and worth the extra few euro.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business