“Hit and Miss!!”

Bread and Butter Bistro
Ranked #4 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish, British, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant
“Hit and Miss!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been in this bistro four times, the first time was for breakfast that was really just ok, the coffee tasted awful very weak and dull looking, both me and my friend sent them back and got two just ok coffees back. during this i found staff unapoligetic and cold, the second time went in for lunch I ordered a bagal and tea the food was nice but the cup i recieved with my tea in it was dirty (it had hard food of some sort stuck to the side of the cup) yet again staff just replaced cup without so much as a "sorry" and with thunder faces,
The third time was for lunch i ordered chicken volau dents with chips food was just ok a little on the cold side and a very small portion i felt especially for the price I paid. Poppyseed bakery in letterkenny does the same sort of food for half the price and a lot of my returning to bread and butter was purly the location as it is near to the shops I like to do my clothes shopping in. the place could also do something about the boring menu i think its time to spice it up more dinners to choose from could help.
The last time i ate in bread and butter i got a breakfast and it was surprisingly really fabulous i enjoyed every mouthful it was good size portion and i ordered the homemade wheaten bread instead of toast the bakery products are the real treat in bread and butter as the bakery goods are always 100 percent very tasty and well presented and the wheaten bread is to die for !! I also love the transformation in the setting its hip and bright and the booths are super cosy but the staff let the place down a bagfull they need to be more friendly and less cold as it is so so off putting to see them walk around with faces like thunder, one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb to me is that they have never came back in my four visits to see is everything ok with me as a customer thats one golden rule any waiting staff should know to do! and would it kill them to be polite a nice "good morning" greeting seriously couldnt go a miss. I will call back to bread and butter for the desserts and sweet stuff as it is always top quality as for everything else to eat it can be very hit and miss.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
“Unfriendly and rude staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I was in for breakfast this morning with 2 children very on helpful and she walked away before i finished our food very unhappy about this!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Trishak009
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Good spot to stop for a coffee and lunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

good food, good service, great lunch, not overly expensive nice seating area and efficent staff good cup of coffee

Visited April 2013
“Expensive enough without the extras!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Would eat in Bread and Butter with work colleagues regularly so decided to go there for Saturday lunch with my husband.

The place has had a revamp, unfortunately they have revamped their prices also! We had a burger with chips and a beef stir fry with noodles, one diet coke and hubby had a glass of water = €28! When I checked the receipt I noticed that we were charged €1.50 for mayonnaise on the burger as he did not want pepper sauce!

The food was nice but the price of it takes away from what we got! The service was ok, the kinda service you expect from a cafe/bistro. The proprietors are providing good cafe/bistro food and service however they are charging restaurant prices!!

• Visited June 2013
“Will not be back!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very disappointed!..Ordered a wrap and panini and 2 teas for lunch (no side salad or chips) and bill was over €18!!!! Food was just OK but at that price forget about it!!!. When I queried the bill the cashier was very rude. Will not be back again!!

• Visited June 2013